Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Slide Topper

Does anybody know whatever happened to the product "Awning Air Wedge" for the slide toppers. I see there's no more website & the domain name is for sale. I would think this would be a popular item with RVer's with toppers. Yes I've gone back & seen how different people deal with pooling rainwater on the slides by just sliding it in but others (like myself) like other options. From the photos I see on the Awning Air Wedge should of done a great job because of it's specific design of keeping letting the water run freely off the slide topper Where & why did it go South? I want 2 of them yesterday.
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2021, 06:59 AM   #2

Is this it?

https://www.rossrvinnovations.info/s...upport-system/
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:50 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our main slide topper is 14 ft wide, and does flap in wind (OMG!!) and hold water if heavy rain. I went to a pool supply store, bought a 10 ft water bag (used to hold pool cover down), and a pool toy with those vinyl nipples. Cut the nipples off, small hole in water bag, good rubber cement to glue on water bag. Put aboot 2 gals of water in bag through main fill hole, pump up with small compressor, and stuff under the topper. Doesn't move in windy times, no flapping, and no water pooling. Total cost under $15. Yes, you have to go through the steps to use, and take out when moving, but how it works is worth it!! Trailer is now sitting on property recently purchased, slide out, and bag is still in position and holding air and water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3316.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	445.6 KB
ID:	332395   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3319.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	332396  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3320.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	332397   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3321.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	332398  

2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
That's not the one I was originally asking about riverofcode..but that's the one I came across & ordered but is backordered till the end of the month supposedly. The Air Wedge company seems it went out of business some time ago. The Ez Roll Slide Top Support by Ross looks well made so I look forward to getting it up & underneath my 14' slide topper. You'd think Camping World or other RV supply outlets would have these available with all the wind & water pooling issues RV'ers have talked about. I told the Ross people they should get their products to the Big Box RV supply outlets.
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide