Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: TireMinder Survey
Rarely happens, self-corrects shortly, maybe one or twice during a day 4 40.00%
Happens infrequently, self-corrects shortly, 3-5 times a day 1 10.00%
Happens periodically, self-corrects usually in 15 minutes or less, can be hourly 1 10.00%
Routine but sporadic, can be hourly or multiple times per hour or not for a half day or more, self-corrects within 15 minutes or less 2 20.00%
Happens all the time and is a distraction* 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #1

TireMinder Owners - survey

Interested to buy the TireMinder (A1A or TM-77) for a coach and toad. for those with a repeater, interested in your experience with "lost sensor" readings as this desensitizes you to the real alerts. Assume an 8 hour trip in the below and please respond to the below survey:

A. Rarely happens, self-corrects shortly, maybe one or twice during a day

B. Happens infrequently, self-corrects shortly, 3-5 times a day

C. Happens periodically, self-corrects usually in 15 minutes or less, can be hourly

D. Routine but sporadic, can be hourly or multiple times per hour or not for a half day or more, self-corrects within 15 minutes or less

E. Happens all the time and is a distraction

Also add years of ownership.

Bonus question: Would you buy it again?

Thanks
[Mod Edit, Converted to poll)
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2017, 10:38 AM   #2

Rarely and yes I would by again.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:11 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Rarely and yes I would by again.

Jerry

Same here
Old 01-30-2017, 03:45 AM   #4

It happens all the time on mine. It is usually one of the rear tires and one of the toad tires. I have changed batteries and reprogrammed twice. TM CS is no help. It works OK for about a hour and usually while I am in the process of setting up at a campground it will correct itself. I have even swapped locations of the sensors to see if it the sensors causing this.

I would not buy again. I have had mine for 4 years. It started messing up last year.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy2006 View Post
Interested to buy the TireMinder (A1A or TM-77) for a coach and toad. for those with a repeater, interested in your experience with "lost sensor" readings as this desensitizes you to the real alerts. Assume an 8 hour trip in the below and please respond to the below survey:

A. Rarely happens, self-corrects shortly, maybe one or twice during a day

B. Happens infrequently, self-corrects shortly, 3-5 times a day

C. Happens periodically, self-corrects usually in 15 minutes or less, can be hourly

D. Routine but sporadic, can be hourly or multiple times per hour or not for a half day or more, self-corrects within 15 minutes or less

E. Happens all the time and is a distraction
Ooops, you left out my answer, so have have not responded to the poll. It has NEVER happened to me. I have a TM55c with a repeater that's located in my TT.

Roger

Roger
Old 02-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #6

It has never happened to me, but I only have about 6-7 K miles using the TireMinder TPMS. I have the TM77 with a repeater on a 32 foot motorhome.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #7

Have had the tire minder for 3 years and have towed a Kia Soul for about 20,000 miles behind three different motorhomes. Saved my bacon twice with slow leak or valve extender problem and almost never have any issue. Once in a while a battery gets bad and shows no S. so I change it out and OK. I would definitely buy again. Repeater was installed at rear of all coaches and haven't had ANY signal losses.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #8

"D" most closely fits my experience. I have a 45' coach with 2 boosters located 1 at rear side of coach and 1 in mid coach 1/2 bathroom. Battery changed in all units-no help. I've had the unit about 3 years.
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
It happens all the time on mine. It is usually one of the rear tires and one of the toad tires. I have changed batteries and reprogrammed twice. TM CS is no help. It works OK for about a hour and usually while I am in the process of setting up at a campground it will correct itself. I have even swapped locations of the sensors to see if it the sensors causing this.

I would not buy again. I have had mine for 4 years. It started messing up last year.
X 2 Mine acted up from the beginning I still have them but refuse to resell JUNK!!
Old 02-04-2017, 04:04 AM   #10

Location, Location & Location

It's important to locate your receiver away from any RF interference.

I was dropping signal on one rear tire, replaced batteries and swapped out sensors without any luck. I moved the receiver around the cabin and boom works fine now.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #11

Can't get mine to clear to "zero" so I can reset all tires.
CCFROMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:18 AM   #12

I have the TM66 sysytem, before that I had an older model TireMinder but I can't remember the model. The older one sometimes dropped signal, but that was usually when the batteries were getting weak; replacement batteries resolved that issue. The TM66 comes with a repeater and a longer antenna on the receiver, and I have had no dropped signals. Plus, the new sensors "report" much more frequently than the older ones did.

I am pleased with my TireMinder system (especially the newer one) and would indeed buy it again.