Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2017, 11:39 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Trip Report: New Hankook AH-11 tires and TST 507 TPMS

Just took my first trip, 820 miles total, with my new Hankook 245/70 19.5 tires and new TST 507 TPMS and wanted to let everyone know my experience.

The Hankooks handled very well, I replaced Michelins of the same size at 7 years and I cannot detect any appreciable difference in ride or handling. The Tires run true and were driven in temps from 50 degrees through 20 degrees. Roads were dry except for part of on day of travel when they were wet from overnight rain. For $2000 less than what replacement Michelins would have cost, I am pleased so far.

As I was having the tires replaced anyway I installed a TST internal sensor system and all I can say is wow! I received constant info on each tire which really gave me peace of mind while traveling. I opted for their tow car sensors so I could monitor my TOAD as well with the same system...I'm sold! This system kept a great tab on all ten tires and I felt the most relaxed I've been since I've been RV'ing, at least when it come to tire health. It is amazing how much the pressure increases with temp and the difference in temp on the same axle. The system with all 10 sensors cost a little south of $600.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2018, 09:55 AM   #2

Glad to hear about the TST internal sensors. I have the TST external sensors and have been very pleased with them. We won't leave home without checking the tire pressure. We rely on the alarms to let us know if there is a tire issue on the RV or on our towed vehicle.
rvpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #3

I'm sold on my TST system in my Palazzo. I've blown out tires on my old 5th wheel and it's not pretty. I too have the 10 sensor set but pull the toad sensors off and store them when I'm not using them.
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've had a TST 507 on my MH, and the 510 sensors on my toad for 8 years, and I love the system.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #5

In another thread there was some discussion about the accuracy of various tire pressure monitors but I don't remember the brands, and those might have been the valve-cap style.

Have you tried comparing TPMS readings to your favorite tire gauge?
Old 01-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #6

I have been using TST for about 9 years and have been very happy with them. I started with the 510 system and now have the latest 507 system with the new color display! Love it!
rvpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #7

I really like the Hankook tires we have. Ride is superb.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:39 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWKingSD View Post
In another thread there was some discussion about the accuracy of various tire pressure monitors but I don't remember the brands, and those might have been the valve-cap style.

Have you tried comparing TPMS readings to your favorite tire gauge?
They seem to be within a pound of my gauge.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:42 PM   #9

I run 4 TST 507's on my 5th. I use 3 different pressure gages to set the tire pressures at 80 psi, that measure within a range of 1-2 psi. The 4 TST gages range from 3 to 5 psi lower. Not a big deal for me, I just make a note of the differences and watch accordantly.
Terryagj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryagj View Post
I run 4 TST 507's on my 5th. I use 3 different pressure gages to set the tire pressures at 80 psi, that measure within a range of 1-2 psi. The 4 TST gages range from 3 to 5 psi lower. Not a big deal for me, I just make a note of the differences and watch accordantly.
My TSTs are the same, they read 3-5 psi lower than any of my gauges.
Like you, I don't sweat it. I run 5 psi above the pressure required based on weighing the rig. So in this case close enough is indeed close enough.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #11

With a TPMS, one should monitor for CHANGES (slow, rapid) in tire pressure, not the pressure values themselves. To check tire pressure, you should use an accurate gauge and check early in AM before the sun hits the tires.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires