Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Truma Aquago Easy Drain Lever broken

The big yellow level that helps to extract the water filter on the Truma Aquago is attached to the housing by 2 round protrusions one at 3:00 and the other at 9:00. Then is a corresponding hole in the yellow lever that goes over the protrusions allowing the lever to rotate and apply inserting and dislodging pressure to the water filter.
I was UN winterizing my unit yesterday. I followed the winterizing instructions to the letter. Water drained with the Easy Drain Lever (big yellow lever) closed the valves so no anti freeze reached the unit and put it away for the winter. Drained all pink stuff from lines then opened the valves so clean water could reach the unit. I heard the water run through the pipes then heard water hitting the ground outside. Went outside to find water pouring from the housing that holds the water filter. The 2 "protrusions" had broken off the housing. The top of the yellow lever was still clipped under the "catch." It took me a minute to realize what had happened. No time to get it properly repaired. Inserted the filter and put a lasso around it to hold it firm. (The filter is quite snug going in and I really have to pull hard to get it out so I think I will be good for a 3 week trip coming up.)
Anyway...has anybody else experienced anything like this with the big Yellow Lever?
Also, how is Truma warranty service? The unit is slightly less than 5 months old.
Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #16

Welcome,

Still experiencing flawless operation from our Truma AquaGo on demand as we FT. LPG consumption has also been very economical considering the level of comfort and convenience.

Be well.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #17

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisanJim View Post
I scoured the net for a price on these things and came up empty. Can someone please post a price for one of these units?

Somewhere in the $1100.00 to $1200.00 area not installed! Installation is fairly easy! Love ours!
Rimoskeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
The Truma is a dealer only item. Check here for your local dealer
http://www.truma.net/us/en/home/dealer-search.php
Is there anyway I can get a dealer to sell me one for a DIY install. I have the skills and would rather save the install fee.

FB: Adventures of Ranger and Jin
desertranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:59 AM   #19

Retired Fire Service RVer's
There are a few dealers around Phoenix that are listed truma dealers!
Rimoskeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #20

Apparently there are three models:

Basic (no frost protection, non-circulating)
Comfort (with frost protection, non-circulating)
Comfort Plus (adds circulating circuit for instant at all faucets)

Comfort Plus not suitable as replacement / upgrade due to plumbing requirements. Other two can be upgrades.

Model 78103-01 is Comfort (upgrade). Unit is $1360. Cover-panel is $85.00. Frame available in various sizes to cover upgrade-unit's cutout.
Frame for this model is $35.00. This is through Winnebago factory service facility in Junction City (Oregon).

Labor for installation is extra. Painting will be required as the cover and panel are delivered in a white primer coat, ready for painting.

Taking possession during week of 5/22/17. Will update on performance!
DSS-NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #21

We just had ours installed a couple weeks ago. I have not had a chance to use it, but the installation is a clean professional job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truma 1.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	163023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Truma 2.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	163024  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Truma 3.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	163025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Truma_AquaGo_Control_panel.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	163026  

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5K
Gray01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghbob View Post
Great review. many searches come up similar citing "flawless" operation - but we recently took delivery of a 2017 fleetwood 40G and the Truma seemed to heat water for only 10 to 15 seconds then went cold. Hot (or even warm) showers were not possible. With the unit turned on we noticed a "humming" sound in the BR that lasted 15-20 seconds then stopped briefly and repeated, constantly. We found the humming to be coming from the Truma unit and it stopped when we turned it off (both from inside or at the unit). Upon closer inspection I noticed that when the unit was "humming" there was a faint smell of propane coming from the vent at the unit each time it ran through the cycle. We have googled and cannot find another thread with this issue and wondering if anyone has had similar issues? We are currently in for warranty service and having it checked out by the dealer - and will post another reply when (if) the issue is diagnosed and remedied. thanks again for the post - and article.
Having the same issue in our brand new 40D and scheduled a visit for the dealer early next week.
tscarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:26 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Humming Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscarps View Post
Having the same issue in our brand new 40D and scheduled a visit for the dealer early next week.
We have had ours since June of last year.
We experienced absolutely no problems all year. As we don't as yet full time
and live in NW-PA I winterized it for over the winter.
This spring before starting the season I took it to the dealer for several minor recalls one of which was related to the Bypass valve for the Truma.
On the 1st trip after the service we experienced the same conditions as you describe.
There is always a slight noise when using the unit as the closed plumbing loop has a circulating pump that has to run so the Truma sees flow and will turn on producing the practically instant hot water. This time the pump sounded noisier but didn't put much thought into it then my DW yelled from the shower that the hot water had stopped. I checked the unit and found the Truma to be in error mode. I reset the unit and hot water came back but only for a very short time. As I do work on pumps in the course of my business I thought the pum sounded like it was pushing against a closed valve (or was going bad). The heating circuit would light for a short time and I felt the main control was OK (I hoped)
I finally checked all the valves and found that the Technician had turned the bypass valve and it was mainly in the BYPASS mode. While it was slightly open it would allow a little water to flow at first but couldn't keep up with the needed flow which would shut the Truma down and eventually it would trip out on fault and power would need cycled.
After turning the switch to the FULL Correct position the pump ran quiet again and the Truma has worked flawlessly as before.
On mine the Bypass Valve is located below the 3-Way valve that is located directly behind the unit.
The Bypass Valve in mine can't be seen but I followed the piping down until I found it buried in the middle of Furnace runs
Old 05-27-2017, 06:21 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Here is a random question......
Do you leave the Truma ON all the time?
There are 3 switched that control our Truma. The toggle switch on the unit itself. The round one that has the light the shins the dial, and then one on the RV control panel. We have been leaving the outside switch in the ON position and shutting the other 2 off between uses. Not that it is a big deal to hit 2 switches. We just were thinking that we don't turn our home tankless hot water heater off between uses ....
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #25

In my previous posting, I indicated that the cover door cost $85 and the frame cost $35. Actually the $85 was for both. The extra $35 was for an LP gas coupler to allow the change from Gerard to Truma. The estimate for the work also included five-hours for labor on the main unit, and one-hour for the door. Apparently they spent an hour opening the box. There are 8 screws to secure the door to the unit.

I do not consider the labor charges for painting to be justified; so have to report back. The whole situation was a bit complicated, but won't go into detail unless
we don't reach a reasonable solution. I see in the photos (well done) that the unit is white; not the color of the coach. Mine is a dark metallic gray with both white and burgundy stripes/accent graphics; so leaving it white wasn't an option.

I have only tested the unit for a few minutes; no shower as such. I appears to provide a steady flow at a consistent temperature. Have not been where I could get hook-up connections; thus the shower will have to wait. Not for too long, I hope.
DSS-NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:04 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putter1 View Post
Here is a random question......
Do you leave the Truma ON all the time?
There are 3 switched that control our Truma. The toggle switch on the unit itself. The round one that has the light the shins the dial, and then one on the RV control panel. We have been leaving the outside switch in the ON position and shutting the other 2 off between uses. Not that it is a big deal to hit 2 switches. We just were thinking that we don't turn our home tankless hot water heater off between uses ....
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
since having ours in for repairs (blown fuse) we have had no issues BUT - we DON'T leave the unit on all the time. We noticed yesterday that - although the unit seems to be working fine and delivering plenty of hot water now (VERY hot - 2 back to back showers yesterday, my first in the new rig actually) - when the unit is "at rest" (no demand) we hear a "buzzing" sound or hum coming from the unit every couple of minutes. Not sure what's going on there but it stops when we turn it off on the firefly. It takes a little longer to get hot water to the faucet - but at least it isn't humming all the time.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:29 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Pghbob,
We have not experienced the humming sound but did have a very consistent "whoosh" sound in a previous unit. It sounded like a gas grill starting when you threw a match in. Fortunately that was rectified when we had our unit replaced due to a failure of the of big yellow lever. The new unit makes no noise at all and seems to function flawlessly. We will continue to turn the unit off with the Truma dial and also the switch for the hot water heater on the RV control panel. I will contact Truma directly and ask there advice regarding the on/off while not in use.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:25 PM   #28

I have PM'd a number of folks here, so I will post the question publicly:

We are planning a winter trip (to the heat) this year, leaving from Northern Idaho and traveling south to warmer temps before heading east. The first few days of travel will be in freezing temps.

I notice it says in the Truma manual to not have the unit turned on while driving. Per Truma manual: "Gas must not be used for heating while the vehicle is in motion."

My question is, do you think that is a boilerplate "Eurostyle" safety warning, or is there some reason that having the unit turned on will damage the Truma?

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5K
Gray01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater