Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #1

US Battery 2000 XC2 6 Volt Deep Cycle

Anyone have any comments about the US battery 6 volt 2000 XC2? According to the test results it is comparable to the Trojan T-105 plus. What are you guys having luck with in this forum and would buy again?

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Anyone have any comments about the US battery 6 volt 2000 XC2? According to the test results it is comparable to the Trojan T-105 plus. What are you guys having luck with in this forum and would buy again?
One of the first upgrades I did was replace the 12v battery that came with my trailer for a pair Interstate 6v GC2's. I have an electric golf cart that I use for getting around my property and have had Interstate's for years without issue. I also have a good relationship with the local dealer which helps.
MapleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
4 of these came with my RV new. I have had no issues with them in two years and they were mistreated by the dealer as it sat on the lot for a while and the water was low when I got it. I filled up the water, charged them, equalized them and have gotten good results since. My Magnum BMK SOC seems to match pretty close to the AH rating.

John
Old 05-18-2018, 08:03 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Coach came with Interstate U-2200's... Equivlent to the battery you cite. I would not hesitate to recommend such a battery.

Rumor has it the Trojan is a bit better but fact is higher pricd and I'm nto convinced the quality difference is as great as the price suggests.

In fact you may find Sam's or Costco selling the US battery (or Johnson controls depending on the store) for less. But under their store's brand name.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I like the 2200's. My coach came with 2000's and I recently replaced them with 2200's. US Battery Sales has a great price on them. They are the same footprint as the 2000's but have greater capacity (I think more lead inside).

US Battery Sales has locations in many areas. I am not sure that they are sold in stores like interstates are.

Regards.

Chuck

Tags
battery