Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2020, 01:03 PM   #57

I've watched a lot of videos on the Lektric XP. Have you tried it on any steep hills?
Scott 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2020, 07:57 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffinbus View Post
We bought lectric bikes...we LOVE THEM...879.00 per bike...petal and petal assist. they have fat tires and they fold in half...easy to transport...
Curious to know what you bought. Sounds like a good deal.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:04 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
Curious to know what you bought. Sounds like a good deal.
jt
He told you - Lectric bikes. The XP model is the folding, fat tire model.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:58 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
He told you - Lectric bikes. The XP model is the folding, fat tire model.
Ok. didn't realize that was the brand name. I thought it was just a typo.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:07 PM   #61

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffinbus View Post
We bought lectric bikes...we LOVE THEM...879.00 per bike...petal and petal assist. they have fat tires and they fold in half...easy to transport...
We bought the Lectric XPs (these are fat tire folding 48V bikes) as well and absolutely love them. They fold up and actually fit in a 40GA storage container and we can get 2 of them in the back of our Wrangler Toad, we like the way our bikes arrive clean and they are easier to move around in the containers as well.
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #62

I just built this one for a little more than $600, including the used bike for $100.
EBIKE BUILD
Bike. $100
1000 watt front E-wheel kit. $160
48v 15.6ah battery pack using
52 LG HG2 3000Mah-- 221.54
Vruzend--BMS, 1.6 end caps, 48v charger,
2- power connectors== $127
Rear rack- $20
Torque arms - $12
Total build cost -- $618.54
I need to get a better looking battery bag, but it's one I had with a hard plastic inner shell. And, there's plenty of room inside for extras.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0218201555_HDR.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	279718  
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Wow,
I have been contemplating making one myself. I have even bought a used beach cruiser to do so, but I get lost in the maze when searching parts etc.
I sure would not mind if you expanded some with part numbers, where you purchased the equipment, etc.

Thanks, Jim
Old 04-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #64
NXR

Has anyone converted an older bike that does not have disc brakes? My wife wants to convert hers but she has the old-style rubber pads that press against the rims. A few of the kits we've looked at all have curved rim sides so the pads would not have a good area to squeeze against.

I think they're referred to as "V brakes".

Thanks,

Ray
Old 06-21-2020, 08:07 AM   #65

Bought 2 RadCity bikes last Dec when they had their end of year sale. Wife does 17 miles per day going to work and I do around 5 per day average. Zero issues and great value. They mount on our rear platform easily. A bit heavy but I can lift them without issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200408_115710.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	290369  
LakeTahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:18 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Has anyone converted an older bike that does not have disc brakes? My wife wants to convert hers but she has the old-style rubber pads that press against the rims. A few of the kits we've looked at all have curved rim sides so the pads would not have a good area to squeeze against.

I think they're referred to as "V brakes".

Thanks,

Ray
I converted my wife's beach cruiser to a front hub powered E-Bike for her for Mother's Day. It only had coaster brakes so I added a front rim grab brake to assist in stopping power. The kit front tire/wheel assembly had standard shaped rims which work with the brakes.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #67

+1 on Lectric XP bikes. We got two and love them. I hadn't ridden a bike for 60 years and thought I never would again. But these bikes are easy to ride, lots of fun, and work great for someone who is "older" and no longer has the legs for climbing hills. We added more comfy seats for our "older" derriers. There are tons of very positive reviews on youtube about the XP.
NCPearlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #68

Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand Design Owners Club
We got a cream colored Blix Aveny for the DW. I got a green one. The cream came in a few weeks ago and all was well. We both like the ride.

My green one came in and had some damage inside the packing. The battery had broken loose causing bent terminals on the battery mounting block and also broke off an alignment tab. The front fender also had a lot of movement inside the box and is scratched. And the battery looks pretty scuffed and scraped. I guess it was a rough initial bike ride.

I've sent an email to Blix yesterday and left 2 voice mails today. So far no response.

grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

We really like these but support after the sale seems awfully slow. I'm not even sure what to do so it sits in the garage unassembled and awaiting further instructions.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:10 PM   #69

Outdoors RV Owners Club
@NXR- the extra weight of an ebike is the reason they come with disc brakes. Used to work in a bike shop and saw many reg bikes made into ebikes and the pad style brakes (cantilever or V style) pads just don’t hold up if you ride a lot. Probably fine if your not a daily rider.
CNPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:49 AM   #70
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNPH View Post
@NXR- the extra weight of an ebike is the reason they come with disc brakes. Used to work in a bike shop and saw many reg bikes made into ebikes and the pad style brakes (cantilever or V style) pads just don’t hold up if you ride a lot. Probably fine if your not a daily rider.
Thanks. My wife ended up converting her old $60 Walmart mountain bike to electric using a kit and battery from Amazon. She also replaced both V-brakes for good measure. So she now has a $700 old Walmart mountain bike.

The only thing we could not do was bust the left pedal loose for the cadence sensor. So she just uses the thumb throttle and loves it.

Ray