Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #1

2 TV's off single direct tv box

What is the best way to split the signal from my living room to the bedroom without buying a second directv box? I just want to use the living room receiver in the bedroom at night.
I tried a rca to coax converter out of the direct tv and plugged it into the cable but I only got 480i resolution and it was real fuzzy. I am maxed out on receivers on my account so adding another receiver isnt an option.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #2

If you have HDMI out of the DirecTV box, an HDMI switch with input and two outputs sgould work. I use one to put my conputer screen either on the monitor or om the TV.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #3

Best way? Get a HR44 or HR54 Genie and a mini genie this will get you the ability to watch and record from both TVs at the same time.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
If you have HDMI out of the DirecTV box, an HDMI switch with input and two outputs sgould work. I use one to put my conputer screen either on the monitor or om the TV.
The 2 tv's are on opposite ends of the camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Best way? Get a HR44 or HR54 Genie and a mini genie this will get you the ability to watch and record from both TVs at the same time.
I cant get anymore boxes on my account.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:13 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
What is the best way to split the signal from my living room to the bedroom without buying a second directv box? I just want to use the living room receiver in the bedroom at night.
I tried a rca to coax converter out of the direct tv and plugged it into the cable but I only got 480i resolution and it was real fuzzy. I am maxed out on receivers on my account so adding another receiver isnt an option.

One of these wireless hdmi will work.

https://www.bestadvisor.com/wireless...SAAEgKPOvD_BwE
Trvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trvl1 View Post
One of these wireless hdmi will work.

https://www.bestadvisor.com/wireless...SAAEgKPOvD_BwE
I was looking those earlier, I dont know anyone personally use one, would like some feedback from someone who has one in a camper before spending that kind of money.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:21 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
How about a simple A-B Box, that's what I have and works great.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
How about a simple A-B Box, that's what I have and works great.
My directv box has hdmi out and composite out. I have to split the signal on one of those and get it 30 ft away on the other end of the trailer.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:38 PM   #9

A search on "Extend HDMI via Wireless" finds lots of solutions.

Here's some wireless stuff on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-ST12.../dp/B013HT6S56
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
If you go wireless then go with something quality or you won’t be happy. I use iogear 200$ wireless box to my main tv but I only go 10 feet. I tried it to the rear tv but the walls cause some dropouts. There are 100$ ways to send hdmi via coax if you already have coax from the front to the back. I haven’t used it but would consider it. Transmitter and receiver boxes on ea end of the coax. Personally we just use the coax feed via a game converter to Channel 3 ( what you already tried ) Not the best video ( std definition ) but it’s clear. I only watch the late news anyway with it .
Old 11-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
A search on "Extend HDMI via Wireless" finds lots of solutions.

Here's some wireless stuff on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-ST12.../dp/B013HT6S56
Want reviews from someone with first hand experience in rv before buying something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
If you go wireless then go with something quality or you won’t be happy. I use iogear 200$ wireless box to my main tv but I only go 10 feet. I tried it to the rear tv but the walls cause some dropouts. There are 100$ ways to send hdmi via coax if you already have coax from the front to the back. I haven’t used it but would consider it. Transmitter and receiver boxes on ea end of the coax. Personally we just use the coax feed via a game converter to Channel 3 ( what you already tried ) Not the best video ( std definition ) but it’s clear. I only watch the late news anyway with it .
I used the coax already in the trailer from the factory. I tried this https://www.amazon.com/CIMPLE-CO-Com...s%2C203&sr=8-3 but the picture looked worse than my parents tv antenna growing up in the middle of no where.

Tags
single