Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #71

AT&T Fine print

Have read this thread and found the following info on AT&T's web site "
2AT&T Connected Car Unlimited Plan: U.S. only. Consumer and Individual Responsibility Users only. Eligibility: Requires eligible vehicle, eligible aftermarket device and new or existing AT&T wireless account. Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot in a bill cycle, for the rest of the cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot during periods of network congestion. Pricing: $20 per aftermarket device monthly plan charge (3 aftermarket devices on plan results in $60 monthly plan charge.
What does AT&T define as aftermarket device, Laptop, Tablet Phone etc.

Is anybody aware of this $60 per month charge if you use 3 devices?

I thought this was a good deal but if AT&T is going to upcharge for more than 1 device, it isn't cost effective.
Any of you folks that are using the Mobley seen this upcharge for more than 1 connected device?
Thanks
rtoy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi rtoy - I don't believe you are reading that correctly. That's $20 per device (read Mobley). I'm running two laptops, an e-reader and 4 smart TV's. $20/month.

Tom
Old 05-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #73

Thumbs up Mobley oos

Thanks to all for their input and details of this plan.
Couldn't find a Mobley anywhere. However called ATT Connected Car Plan office and they suggested an Audio Vox for the same price - $99.00 and $20 per month unlimited data for life.
Let's hope they don't change their minds down the road.
Les & Carla, Dixie the gentle giant Great Pyr, Remy the Pyr/Lab and Chester the wonder dog Yorkie. 2014 Hurricane 34E, 2014 Ford Focus Toad, Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar, 2013 John Deere 3032E, 2015 John Deere 1023,
THS Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:54 PM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
There are 2 threads on the Mobley on rvnetwork.com. I got mine several months ago and it works great. I also bought the AC adapter and am using it in the house. Some of the Mobleys turn off and need to be restarted each day. Mine does. I bought a light timer and it turns off and on each night. I also am taking an old router that I had and will put it into the MH sp O can have more than 5 devices connected if needed.

Where were you able to fine ac adapter?
Topkick1sgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #75

Audio Vox

Don't know just got off with ATT and wanted to post to thread so others would know of the alternate hardware.
I should have it late Wed. Or Thursday. Will advise if I find an adapter.
Les & Carla, Dixie the gentle giant Great Pyr, Remy the Pyr/Lab and Chester the wonder dog Yorkie. 2014 Hurricane 34E, 2014 Ford Focus Toad, Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar, 2013 John Deere 3032E, 2015 John Deere 1023,
Old 05-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Les - That's new as I was told back along that the Audiovox unit does not work with this plan. Maybe something has changed or you might want to double check.

Tom
Old 05-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #77

Tom

I did double check when I was on the phone. I will triple check when I get it call back and activate. Your probably right, but this might be their alternative since they are out & I told them I was unable to get one from BB either.??
Old 05-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #78

Just got an AV adapter from Amz for 9.97. Their adjustable voltage model AH50BR
Old 05-02-2017, 07:42 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by THS Hammer View Post
Don't know just got off with ATT and wanted to post to thread so others would know of the alternate hardware.
Les the Audiovox device is not a wifi hotspot. See https://www.att.com/devices/audiovox...sku=sku6900244

This wrong device has been sent to many people already.

You want the Mobley
emcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #80
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Received Mobley today. Ordered at a at&t corporate store where the fella knew what it was. Was delivered to the house. Already activated. Worked first time connect tried.

How long did it take to come from AT&T?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #81

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
How long did it take to come from AT&T?
4-5 days to arrive. As we were traveling, it was about a week after arrival before I unboxed and set it up.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #82

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by THS Hammer View Post
In the FAQ of the audiovox device is specifically asked if it can be used as a hotspot. The response was no.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #83

Tiffin Owners Club
I managed to get the last one at a local Best Buy. I stopped at the AT&T store first and they had no clue about it or the $20 unlimited plan. He did look it up and found it but there were no Mobleys in stock. I then stopped at the Best Buy Mobile store in the same mall and they knew about them but had none in stock. The checked the inventory at local stores on their system and there was one in stock at the Big Box store across town. They called and had them hold it for me.

The guy at that store got it activated for me but at first couldn't find the $20 unlimited plan. He finally found it and got everything activated on a two year contract. I walked out with the Mobley and a $0 charge. Now I'm just waiting for the device to update the firmware so that I can set the time out to "never". So far the most I can do is two hours.
W3DKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #84

I tried to purchase a mobley thru at&t and they were sold out. none available. I searched best buys website and came up empty there. I found them listed available thru best buys ebay store for 99.99. I saw they had a store pickup option so i looked and they had them available at my local store...

This seemed contradictory to what best buys site said so I called the local store and after giving them the sku number and description and several searches and 2 different ppl they said the sku number doesn't exist in their system anymore. which the lady said they aren't available and they wont be getting anymore ever.

I went back to the ebay store to try and purchase one thinking i could have it shipped to me and clicking the buy it now button took me to a link that said sorry we are currently out of stock with that item.

Me thinks, at&t just pulled them from the shelves similar to what amazon did with their fire sticks except im guessing at&t will be coming out with a mobley 2 to eliminate the taking them anywhere feature.