Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post

... I am considering setting up a separate account solely for auto pay items. I might be old school, but giving anyone authority to "debit" my account just seems too dangerous. In short, I do not trust customer service at many of these places, including phone companies. I have been lied to too many times over the years. So, if i only have a small amount in a separate account, then they cannot take large amounts out. Paranoid? No. Realist? Yes.
You are very wise to do so. It took 4 phone calls and a letter over 3 months to cancel service on my Verizon MiFi unit. Each call the CS agent assured me my account would be closed and billing would stop.

So far it's taken 2 calls to AT&T to close a land line account. The first call the CS agent said the phone would be disconnected that day and auto billing would stop. Second call a month later the CS agent asked me when I called the first time and said AT&T would adjust my bill to reflect that date. CS was happy to adjust my bill because they knew when I called the first time otherwise they wouldn't have been so willing to back date the billing.

I've read this is typical of some companies. Beware!!

After hearing all these issues with AT&T and the mobley and my experience with AT&T, I think I'm going to skip the mobley.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post

Does ATT also require automatic withdrawals from a bank account to get the $20 unlimited plan?
No, they do not require automatic withdrawals. I don't want it that bad.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #115

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use a separate credit card for recurring payments, and yet another for whenever the card is out of my hand (such as a restaurant).

If I cannot setup a recurring payment to the credit card, I maintain a separate checking account for those items - at a different bank from the rest of my banking and checking (I once had a bank dip into another account at the same bank to cover an item).

You are not paranoid.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #116

Just signed on to my device. Software was updated and now and I was able to select No Time Out. All good to go now.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:41 PM   #117

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
No, they do not require automatic withdrawals. I don't want it that bad.
There is no requirement for auto withdrawals, its just how I prefer things in my world, pretty much my entire life is on AutoPay, but that is AutoPay to my Credit Card(Amex), no Auto Withdrawals from my bank accounts
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:59 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
Let me know how you connect it. I bought a Pepwave Surf on the Go router to do the same but could not get it to work with a USB connection to the Mobley. I switched the Pepwave to look for a wifi signal and can connect to the Mobley that way. I'm assuming not the most efficient way to connect but it works (thinking that the USB would be a bit faster)

I'm going to connect to the Mobley over wifi, from a Linksys (RE4100, I think) wifi booster that also functions a bridge. The linksys has a LAN port that will connect to my wifi router. It may not be the best way, but it's what I have to work with.
Matfam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:30 PM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE=lllkrob;3572336]Suggest you read this: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...or-zte-mobley/

I have one and I am running about 19mbs down and 12mbs up. My last months bill was $ 22.06 total including tax and fees for 49GB of 4G LTE data. It's the only AT&T device that I have and I am using it with a 120V power supply adapter in my coach. Best deal around!![/QUOTE
==========================================
Does it have a port for an antenna,like the Verizon jet pack?
There are a lot of campground that we go to that we need the antenna.
Phil
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:20 AM   #120

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=rvtips;3584340]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Suggest you read this: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...or-zte-mobley/

I have one and I am running about 19mbs down and 12mbs up. My last months bill was $ 22.06 total including tax and fees for 49GB of 4G LTE data. It's the only AT&T device that I have and I am using it with a 120V power supply adapter in my coach. Best deal around!![/QUOTE
==========================================
Does it have a port for an antenna,like the Verizon jet pack?
There are a lot of campground that we go to that we need the antenna.
Phil
No antenna connector, no USB port, no Ethernet port, no nuth'in. It is what it is. You might try inserting it into something like a Wilson Sleek. I used to do similar with a Verizon jet pack device.

https://store.weboost.com/products/d...8JYaAil98P8HAQ
Old 05-06-2017, 06:54 AM   #121

Called the 866 number to set up my new mobley. After about 20 minutes I was told that I had to go to an ATT store to get a sim card or wait to get one in the mail. Heading to a store this afternoon and will post results.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:17 AM   #122

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
Called the 866 number to set up my new mobley. After about 20 minutes I was told that I had to go to an ATT store to get a sim card or wait to get one in the mail. Heading to a store this afternoon and will post results.
I did that and would just wait for the sim card if I had to do it again; the store is just 2 miles away.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
Let me know how you connect it. I bought a Pepwave Surf on the Go router to do the same but could not get it to work with a USB connection to the Mobley. I switched the Pepwave to look for a wifi signal and can connect to the Mobley that way. I'm assuming not the most efficient way to connect but it works (thinking that the USB would be a bit faster)
My Mobley is working connected to my Pepwave Surf OTG via USB (yes vsheetz there is a USB port on the side - actually I've seen photos where someone has opened up the Mobley and connected an antenna also). Not sure what changes I made (if any) to get it working. Here's a couple of screen shots. I've also attached my config.bin file if you want to upload it to your Surf (change file extention from txt to bin first).

Also attached is a screenshot of a speedtest run this morning. I've got 1 unreliable bar verizon signal here but At&T is fast!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pepwave1.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	160817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pepwave2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	160818  

Name:	Pepwave3.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	160820   Click image for larger version

Name:	speedtest.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	160829  

Attached Files
File Type: txt config.txt (4.2 KB, 38 views)
emcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:40 AM   #124

Everything you wanted to know about the Mobley

AT&T Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Includes attaching external antenna:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7777.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	160833  
emcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #125

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Anyone know what the microUSB port is usable for other than to connect to a router?

Tom
Old 05-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #126

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=vsheetz;3584426]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtips View Post

No antenna connector, no USB port, no Ethernet port, no nuth'in. It is what it is. You might try inserting it into something like a Wilson Sleek. I used to do similar with a Verizon jet pack device.

https://store.weboost.com/products/d...8JYaAil98P8HAQ
I stand corrected. There is a USB port on the side of the unit. Had to take off my glasses to see it. (-: