Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #211

It always good to double check. I did the same but had the unlimited listed. Still made me feel good that I checked. So far I have used .18 GB of data on my Mobley. Not really a good use of unlimited data but its for my RV and I am only part time.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:27 AM   #212

I have been thinking about this even as much as I hate AT&T. From reading this thread the first hurdle is to actually find the device. Would looking at the local AT&T stores be the first option? Where would be the next option?

Also is this the same setup that Onstar has?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:28 AM   #213
RV LIFE Support Team

They are virtually impossible to find. Watch out for scammers!!!

This has been a popular item since about February and many people recognized it as a great deal.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #214

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I went to three AT&T stores and none even knew about the unit. Tried to sell me something else. I also went to two Best Buy stores and none had the unit. The last Best Buy store I went to was in Mobile Al. They took the time to investigate the unit and they ordered a unit and had it shipped to my address. Took four days with very little hassle. Setting the unit up was through Connect car. I did have to get a new Sims card even though there was one in the unit. By the way I asked the Connect car person about going to the local AT&T store to get the Sims card and connected. Their comment was good luck 50/50 chance! They were correct. Everything completed by phone. I'm connected and happy!
Old 05-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I have been thinking about this even as much as I hate AT&T. From reading this thread the first hurdle is to actually find the device. Would looking at the local AT&T stores be the first option? Where would be the next option?

Also is this the same setup that Onstar has?
very difficult to find. Best buy had them until I decided to buy one. They had told me over the phone that they couldn't even look it up with the sku number I gave them off of their website. she said that sku doesn't exist. so we aren't selling them and dont plan to ever again.

I got mine from abc warehouse but it seems they sold out of them as well right after I got mine.

My advice is to just search for them and keep an eye on scammers. I posted a site a short while ago in this thread where I found someone online selling them but didn't know if it was a scam or not as i hadn't heard of the website before.

if you do get one, just call car connect. have them send you a new sim card (takes 3 days) they will set up your account and send you a new sim card. and then after you get the new sim call car connect back and they will get you set up in 5 mins. whatever you do, calling at&t customer service (as suggested to me by car connect once they got me set up) or going to an at&t store in hopes they will get you up and running that day is a big mistake. I spent 2.5 hours trying to get mine running the day I got it. finally just had to wait for the new sim to be sent to me. At&t customer service has zero knowledge on these things. car connect is very helpful. just deal with them directly.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:11 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang37 View Post
.....By the way I asked the Connect car person about going to the local AT&T store to get the Sims card and connected. Their comment was good luck 50/50 chance! They were correct......
Amazing a company the size of AT&T can't get their stuff together. It took me 2 tries to get a land line disconnected over a 2 month period.

I hope you guys that went to the time and trouble of getting this up and running get to keep it awhile.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:15 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
Amazing a company the size of AT&T can't get their stuff together. It took me 2 tries to get a land line disconnected over a 2 month period.

I hope you guys that went to the time and trouble of getting this up and running get to keep it awhile.
It took Sprint over 5 months to cancel my pay-as-you go mifi data device. Thats right pay-as-you go. If you use the service and don't pay you should have no service so I thought. I used the device for 2 weeks and thought I was good after paying the fee. Until I got a letter from them about going to collection. I called them then it took another 3 months before they got it right.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #218

Since they are so hard to find, I would do all the searching from the comfort of your own home via the computer. Just found some on eBay for $299.99. Looks like supply and demand is taking over the price.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #219

Also 289.00 on eBay from a guy named fairmarketprice.
Lol
Old 05-16-2017, 09:41 AM   #220
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you look back through some of the older posts, I think I saw something about a new version of the Mobley in the works. So, is the current shortage just a temporary issue as old stock is depleted? And, new stock will not be introduced until all of the old stock is gone?

I don't know for certain. Anyone know anything more about this?

BTW, I purchased mine from abcwarehouse about a week ago for $99, and it is working fine so far. But, I checked abcwarehouse this morning, searched for "mobley", and found nothing; not even a listing. Hmm... Not sure what is happening.
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #221
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
If you look back through some of the older posts, I think I saw something about a new version of the Mobley in the works. So, is the current shortage just a temporary issue as old stock is depleted? And, new stock will not be introduced until all of the old stock is gone?

I don't know for certain. Anyone know anything more about this?...
I posted several days ago that I was told during an online chat that there was a new version in the works. She said they are waiting for the announcement from ZTE. I'm pretty sure the person I was chatting with was in a foreign country, so your guess is as good as mine as to the accuracy of those statements.

Save
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #222

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
$20 Unlimited Data with ZTE Mobley Device

To my knowledge the "CONNECTED CAR DIVISION" in ATT ( it might help to ask or search for the right division) wireless handles all Onstar wifi connections ATT is the carrier behind onstar
This plan was originally just for the new onstar cars that have wifi built in in the last year or two. Actually a Chevrolet deal .. buy a car get a great rate on wifi

It was expanded or matched by ATT to those who didn't have a current onstar wifi capable car with the mobley. I seriously doubt att intended it to be used the way we are and will change things soon. Hopefully leaving the grandfathered group in [emoji106]
Old 05-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #223

As I commented in another thread I can't find a Mobley anywhere, other than people trying to gouge $300-$400 for them on Ebay. I called AT&T and asked what value the offer was if only one type of equipment was allowed and that one device was unavailable, but of course they had no answer.

Maybe AT&T will react and allow some other hardware on the Car Connected Standalone plan before the deal expires, but considering how lethargic the large carriers are I wouldn't hold my breath.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #224

Entegra Owners Club
Well I'm up and running!!! It was a pain in the rear to get it activated. I called the Connected Car number and they said it could not be activated over the phone. Period. I asked for a manager, same thing. They set up the account and gave me a phone number and said I had to physically take it into a store to activate. They kept asking me for the type of car and I said all I want to do is activate the Mobley.

Finally they figured out Connected Car actually was sending me a SIM for the device that I would then have to active. They ended up giving me a NEW number and a new SIM card and here I am.

Not easy, but I'm glad to have it up and running.
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote