Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #1051

Evergreen Owners Club
Anytime you have equipment in a remote location and need it to be working all the time I would do the following. Get a simple lamp timer, maybe digital, and plug the Mobley into it and any other gear you need to work all the time. Pick a time or two during the day when you can force a power cycle. Middle of the night and maybe noon. Yes, you will loose the connection for 5 or 10 minutes but at least it will always get a reboot and work again. If you use a digital timer with a battery backup that would be best but an old fashioned mechanical one would work too. With a digital timer you should be able to set a 1 minute power off time and then back on again.
evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2017, 04:47 AM   #1052

Did you try your reset?

Sent from my E6810 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-21-2017, 09:13 AM   #1053

I got the oft-reported connection issue yesterday. When I got the email/text "not seen" alert from my thermometer (see post #1036 for details) I drove to the motorhome storage location. Power was on, AC was running, all the Mobley lights were on. Power cycled the Mobley and normal operation was restored.

I put a digital appliance timer on the whole kit (Mobley, router, thermometer base station) with OFF set to 3:59am, and ON set to 4:00am every day.

I also got a chance to test my DirecTV on-demand via the Mobley...works great.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #1054

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to JIMBO34PA Send a message via Yahoo to JIMBO34PA
More Mobley Nightmares

Purchased ATT ZTE Mobley on line , 6/25/17 two year contract . Yesterday, would not connect to the internet.(had been having intermittent issues) based on other posts no big deal. Now I am not so sure . Well to make a long story short, 3 hrs multiple calls to ATT, Connect Car, and Mobley tech line needs, repair or replace . Heres your return authorization and forms to your Email .How can I get the forms with no internet? WHAT ! Send me a new one !!! No its not the SIM card, substituted one to my neighbors Mobley and it connects . Send me a new one! We will repair or replace send back to Texas but minimum of 2 weeks . Send me a new one! No sir we will repair or replace. Better hope yours doesn't break .
Old 07-22-2017, 08:26 AM   #1055

Ford Super Duty Owner
Received the Mobley in the mail today. We ordered it at the ATT store on Monday.

The Mobley was seeing the cell tower (signal strength -105) and I was able to connect to the Mobley with my lap top, but the unit was not providing internet service. Only had one LED lite. The setup screen showed

WAN - Status - Disconnected.

I went to the ATT store, they checked my account, and it was in "SUSPENDED " mode. (something about the terms of use agreement wasn't signed) They got that squared away, and 5 minutes later I had internet access.

I asked about waiving the $40 activation fee, they said no problem, when I get my first bill, stop by and they will take care of it.

To date, the ATT people have been very helpful.

I have version 1.0.1 firmware, so I left it plugged in all night to see if it will upgrade.

We live out in the sticks. I did a brief speed test Friday evening 3.0 meg down, 0.3 meg up. I'll check on the firmware update and do a couple more speed checks later.

HOW WILL WE USE IT

I bought a AC power supply on e-bay to power it outside the MH

We'll use it in the MH for internet and streaming (3 month out of the year)

I'll keep it in my laptop bag and use it as a tether for access when I'm doing work while on the road the other 9 month out of the year..

I probably won't use it for my home internet, not sure yet.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
I'll check on the firmware update and do a couple more speed checks later.
1.0.1 is the latest firmware version.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #1057

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
1.0.1 is the latest firmware version.
OK, I did a quick speed check of my homes wireless connection, we live out in the sticks and my internet provider is a wifi connection to their service towers. Amplex. Their speed through my Smoothwall firewall, my wireless router, and to my laptop was 7meg down, 0.7 meg up.

Again, Friday evening

I didn't specifically look for the Molbey keep alive option, I'll mess with it tonight when I get home.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #1058

FYI, I just found this on Amazon for use with the Mobley. I thought it was worth trying.

https://www.amazon.com/Tech-Restarte...ords=restarter

I know you can do the same thing with any digital timer for less, but I chose to order this because it is simple to set, just set the time, set the time to turn off, and how long to stay off. It will turn off the Mobley (or whatever you connect to it) once per day every day. It is marketed to reboot routers.

It also has a long life backup battery, which will get a lot of use since the coach is without power quite often while in storage between trips.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:05 AM   #1059

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
FYI, I just found this on Amazon for use with the Mobley. I thought it was worth trying.

https://www.amazon.com/Tech-Restarte...ords=restarter

I know you can do the same thing with any digital timer for less, but I chose to order this because it is simple to set, just set the time, set the time to turn off, and how long to stay off. It will turn off the Mobley (or whatever you connect to it) once per day every day. It is marketed to reboot routers.

It also has a long life backup battery, which will get a lot of use since the coach is without power quite often while in storage between trips.
Good find, kudos to you. Simple, effective, better than an appliance timer. Need this is several places. Will be ordering one. Thanks!
evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #1060

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just got my mobley a month ago. Got mine from ATT, beware of ebay Mobley's, they may be Canadian firmware, does not work completely on US networks. Best Buy has from time to time for $179, ATT sells them for $99. ATT Online sells out as soon as they receive a shipment, retail stores are always out of stock.Check ATT online daily until a new shipment arrives.
Winnebago Journey 2002 WKP32T, Cummins ISB 275 HP, Allison 2000 5 speed, Air Dog Rapter Lift pump, Michelin XRV all around, TOAD; Xterra 2012 4X4 Auto, driveshaft disconnect. ATT MOBLEY, $20 unlimited internet.
GAGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #1061

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got my Mobley May 25 no activation fee. I bought a AC power supply on e-bay to power it inside and outside the MH. Turned on and firmware updated. Changed to where it would stay on 24/7. Hasn't been turned off since. We have traveled thru Ms., Ark., Mo., Iowa, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. The download speed has ranged from 7 MBS to 22MBS download speed. The lowest download speeds was in places where we had only one bar for cell service. Last check the DW had used over 180 GBS in 45 days. I'm very pleased with the unit and the 2 year.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #1062

For reasons unbeknownst to I, my online purchase of the Mobley included a $99 device cost and I chose the $20/mo no contract plan. All they wanted was the $99...and a $500 deposit!

Hm.

So I return to the online order and change to the $45 activation fee, no unit cost, and a 2 yr contract@ $20/mo and...$500 deposit required.
wilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #1063

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I ordered my Mobley online on a Tuesday and got it Wednesday. I was surprised how quick it showed up, I didn't ask for anything expedited. Been seeing around 15mb up and 15mb down but only a few tests in pretty much the same location. Going out west next month so I'll see how well it performs then. I wasn't asked to put a $500 deposit down and I'm not an AT&T customer (well, now I am )
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:13 PM   #1064

No $500 deposit for me either.