Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2017, 05:08 PM   #1121

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Keep trying to find the modem in stock, I have had Connected Car $ 20 per month unlimited plan for about 60 days and just got a message from ATT offering me a $ 20 per month Connected Car rate plan with only 1 GB per month of data and a $ 30 per month Connected Car rate plan with 3 GB per month data. The message did not say I had to change so of course I did not. I suspect that the new plans work with any ATT device and don't require the Mobley. Maybe they will continue to sell the $ 20 unlimited for the Mobley only, we can only hope.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Access the UI. Find the timeout setting which is defaulted to 30 minutes. Change to never.

If you don't have never option, there is a firmware update needed. After a couple three days and it should update automatically and then the never option will appear.
Yes I did this when I first got my moblie but sometimes things just happen. But all is good.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #1123

Been trying to find one of these for months. Been to ATT stores in NY PA VA and MD with no luck. Of course online nothing either. My guess is they found out how many people wanted them and now trying to avoid more people getting them....
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
If you continue to use 50 GB every two days then I doubt you'll be VERY happy much longer.

Netflix says that streaming he uses 2gb an hour so you must be watching 25 hrs a day
churd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
I called AT&T tonight and got some interesting insights. First while on hold waiting for a Connected Car representative to come on the line they ran a recording talking about the $20 unlimited data plan. Once the rep came on the phone I asked if the unlimited data offer was good in Canada, I was told that is was! We are headed north of the border in a few days so that was VERY good news!

I think the offer has been so widely popular that AT&T is having a hard time maintaining stock from ZTE. Keep watching the web site, I am sure the stock will be replenished.

I ordered Mine on 8/2 and got it on 8/3 works great I use a droidbox and watch directv ....free data
Old 08-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
Netflix says that streaming he uses 2gb an hour so you must be watching 25 hrs a day
Streaming in 1080p will use more than 2 GB per hour, and everyone knows it's your God-given right to stream full HD 24 hours/day because they said unlimited !!!!
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Streaming in 1080p will use more than 2 GB per hour, and everyone knows it's your God-given right to stream full HD 24 hours/day because they said unlimited !!!!

Yes this is a good way to screw up a good thing. I know you were being facetious.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #1128
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2ztx View Post
Been trying to find one of these for months. Been to ATT stores in NY PA VA and MD with no luck. Of course online nothing either. My guess is they found out how many people wanted them and now trying to avoid more people getting them....
AT&T stores almost never stock the Mobley. There was a time when you could sometimes find one at Best Buy, but your best chance of getting a Mobley is to order online.

You can order online from ABC Warehouse. If they are out of stock, the search will say "unable to find any results."

Most people are ordering from AT&T online. If the Mobley is out of stock, it will not let you complete the order. It will say "out of stock online" when you get to the end.

If and when ABC and AT&T online do get Mobleys in, they run out quickly so you have to check daily.

I don't think AT&T is trying to avoid having people get the Mobley. I think they kept running out because the $20 unlimited plan was such a good deal. The offer was officially supposed to end July 17, so it may now be too late.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #1129

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Att mobley, warning

ATT MOBLEY works great for RV folks requiring internet. $20 unlimited cant be beat. As a result the retail stores are constantly out of stock. They are often out of stock online, but they get stock every week. Check the website several times each day if you want one.

WARNING: Some of the Mobley devices being offered on eBay are Canadian devices that use a different firmware the ATT USA. They can be used of ATT USA, but lack certain functionality.
Winnebago Journey 2002 WKP32T, Cummins ISB 275 HP, Allison 2000 5 speed, Air Dog Rapter Lift pump, Michelin XRV all around, TOAD; Xterra 2012 4X4 Auto, driveshaft disconnect. ATT MOBLEY, $20 unlimited internet.
GAGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #1130
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the tip Gypsy!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGypsy View Post
ATT MOBLEY works great for RV folks requiring internet. $20 unlimited cant be beat. As a result the retail stores are constantly out of stock. They are often out of stock online, but they get stock every week. Check the website several times each day if you want one.

WARNING: Some of the Mobley devices being offered on eBay are Canadian devices that use a different firmware the ATT USA. They can be used of ATT USA, but lack certain functionality.
Would you happen to know what functionally is missing?
I have heard that the eBay ones allow up to 10 connected devices.

Richard
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:15 PM   #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS7201 View Post

Richard
I'd be wary of them being "locked" to a Canadian carrier.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #1133

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS7201 View Post

Richard
I bought mine from ATT for $99.00, so i have not personally verified the functionality of the eBay units. I passed on the warning from a MH fulltimer on FMCA forum who ran into a problem with his when he tried to activate it at ATT USA. The ATT firmware when updated to latest version, allows five devices and the power saver feature that turns unit off in two hours can be turned off.
Winnebago Journey 2002 WKP32T, Cummins ISB 275 HP, Allison 2000 5 speed, Air Dog Rapter Lift pump, Michelin XRV all around, TOAD; Xterra 2012 4X4 Auto, driveshaft disconnect. ATT MOBLEY, $20 unlimited internet.
GAGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:40 AM   #1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
I ordered Mine on 8/2 and got it on 8/3 works great I use a droidbox and watch directv ....free data

I ordered online att.com