Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2019, 03:26 AM   #2297

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
This is very interesting, as I have just purchased a NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem, but have not yet moved the sim to it. My Mobley, purchased from AT&T in 2017 (yes, I paid $200 to AT&T for it, but that's another story), has been powered on and off many times since I've had it. So chances are that it has the latest software "updates".

So my question is if when installed in the Netgear, if it doesn't work, what did you say to get the new PUC/PIN, and did you call a local store, the Mobley customer number, or some other number?
I moved my SIM to a netgear device and got locked out. I called ATT tech support and told them I was trying to change the PIN and got locked out and needed to get a PUC to fix. They said no problem and gave me the code.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #2298

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought a Mobley back in 2017, but the $20 unlimited data plan expired right before I attempted to activate it. I was tied into a two year contract with the Mobley purchase, so I selected the 1GB plan for $13 a month. I then bought a Netgear Unite Explore wifi device and moved my SIM card into it and used it as a backup to my Verizon Jet Pack.

My luck seems to have changed this time around. I called today and asked that my plan be converted to the Connected Car unlimited $20 data plan. The rep put me on hold for a brief minute and then said ok, no problem. I was worried that since I had moved my SIM card from the Mobley into the Explore, they would tell me no. That never came up though. The rep did ask me the make of my vehicle, to which I replied Chrysler. This isn’t a lie, since my Coach is on a Freightliner chassis, which is owned by Chrysler. I was never asked for a VIN. The rep said the data plan change will take effect on my next billing cycle, which starts in 8 days. Keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:21 PM   #2299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Man View Post
The rep did ask me the make of my vehicle, to which I replied Chrysler. This isn’t a lie, since my Coach is on a Freightliner chassis, which is owned by Chrysler.

Sorry but you did lie, Freightliner is owned by Daimler Trucks North America AG. It was never owned by Chrysler. It's the other way around Daimler Benz owned Chrysler as well as Freightliner Trucks and sold off Chrysler in 2007 and kept Freightliner.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:28 AM   #2300

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Sorry but you did lie, Freightliner is owned by Daimler Trucks North America AG. It was never owned by Chrysler. It's the other way around Daimler Benz owned Chrysler as well as Freightliner Trucks and sold off Chrysler in 2007 and kept Freightliner.
It seems to me if he was not required to actually prove he owned a Chrysler, then ATT is not too concerned about it and it is more of a marketing thing. Just a thought.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:36 AM   #2301

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Sorry but he did not lie. He, like me, was not aware that Chrysler had been sold off so there was no intent to deceive.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:14 PM   #2302

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by frede View Post
Thanks, I just called and got the Mobley (free with 2 year commitment) and the "unlimited" plan added to our account. The order went right thru, did not ask for the VIN. Got it for $20 per month and its being shipped at no charge.

If I get the WiFi Router 4g Modem With SIM Card Slot Access Point Router Wireless Repeater WE826 should I get the 4G US version 1 or 2? Is there a better one? I also have the Verizon MiFi 8800L

Figured it was best to have it in its new home when I activate it.
FYI I purchased the WE826 US Version 2 from Allexpress and can not get it to work with my Verizon SIM cards which work fine in the MIFI. Vendor has sent me a new firmware that did not fix the issue... I am seeking to return it for a full refund. If anyone has a working one on Verizon.. Would like to know more regarding firmware version and setup.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:20 PM   #2303

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0GEN View Post
FYI I purchased the WE826 US Version 2 from Allexpress and can not get it to work with my Verizon SIM cards which work fine in the MIFI. Vendor has sent me a new firmware that did not fix the issue... I am seeking to return it for a full refund. If anyone has a working one on Verizon.. Would like to know more regarding firmware version and setup.
I'm no expert on this, but I don't see how it could work on Verizon. Their network is CDMA, and AT&T's network is GSM.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #2304

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I'm no expert on this, but I don't see how it could work on Verizon. Their network is CDMA, and AT&T's network is GSM.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ali2.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	233576
Old 01-30-2019, 02:00 PM   #2305

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0GEN View Post
Well then, it looks like it should work fine, so maybe the problem is APN data is not correct?
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:20 PM   #2306

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Well then, it looks like it should work fine, so maybe the problem is APN data is not correct?
Any APN Suggestions would be appreciated... I have tried Gobinet, and PPP dialing methods with no good results...
I X'd out the phone number for this communication.
I know the sim is unlocked and can put it into the MIFI and it works fine with unlimited data, (in fact I have two unlimited Verizon Sims and they both work on Mifi, but not on this router)
The system sees my Sim and says I have 50 to 70 percent signal strength, but fails to connect to get an IP address.

Getting the following type of message when I choose PPP
2019-01- 31 05:18:23 stopping connection for wwan0 ...
dial method is ppp
2019-01-31 05:18:23 Prepare to starting pppdial for wwan0 ...
network proto is wcdma
Connect script failed
Click image for larger version

Name:	FW2.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	233578
Old 01-30-2019, 09:20 PM   #2307

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Well it seems I was misinformed. Thanks for pointing it out in such a rude manner.

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:32 PM   #2308

Ordered our Mobley today. $20 unlimited. I went with it a little early cause i saw the website dropped the Mobley in lieu of the human spark whatever one. New tech usually means new access redtape they built in.
HeadShed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:37 AM   #2309

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadShed View Post
Ordered our Mobley today. $20 unlimited. I went with it a little early cause i saw the website dropped the Mobley in lieu of the human spark whatever one. New tech usually means new access redtape they built in.
The Harmon Spark has built in telemetrics so it knows when the car is not in motion and will shut off once you park.

The ZTE Mobley does not have the telemetrics and relies on battery voltage to determine if car is running or shut off (e.g. 13+volts is running and under 13V is engine off) which can be fooled to thinking car is running using an adapter plug.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:23 PM   #2310

I can't find Mobley $20 plan online anywhere. Anyone have a link?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote