Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #2689

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Well, I just ordered this Nighthawk! I couldn't turn down that price when Amazon is selling the same one for $219.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-NETGEA...4AAOSwbh9cbeyn
==============================================
Bob, I see it does not come with the USB ''C'' Charger ,do you have one or will you have to buy one? I will be following you to see how it all goes.
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #2690
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvtips View Post
Bob, I see it does not come with the USB ''C'' Charger ,do you have one or will you have to buy one? I will be following you to see how it all goes.
I'm not Bob, but I assume your question was for me!

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. No, I don't have a charger with the "C" cable! Will the adapter below work with just any basic charger?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:48 PM   #2691

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Hi Phil,

First, an apology for an off-topic reply.

I've been using these charging cables for a wide variety of devices (micro-USB, USB-C, Apple):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chargeing cables.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	311205

Available from a variety of Amazon vendors in a number of combinations.

Take care,
Stu
Old 12-14-2020, 04:28 AM   #2692

Quote:
I'm not Bob, but I assume your question was for me!

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. No, I don't have a charger with the "C" cable! Will the adapter below work with just any basic charger?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Yes!!

All of my devices now use this type of cable.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:32 AM   #2693
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Yes!!

All of my devices now use this type of cable.
Thanks! I have several charges around the house so I only need the cable!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:57 AM   #2694

You guys are costing me $$$! Just ordered a Nighthawk off of Ebay. We'll see how it compares with the AT&T Velocity I'm using on the other Mobley . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:03 PM   #2695

Freightliner Owners Club
Question

Quote:
I went back to the AT&T store today and talked to the manager. I explained my circumstance to him and asked about buying the Nighthawk outright. He said that the Nighthawk MR1100 they have is a 5G model and even though the SIM from my 815S would probably work they would detect that I am using a 5G device on my old 4G LTE plan and change or cancel the plan! He did say that I could probably get away with using the older 4G LTE version of the Nighthawk without any problems!

Still looking for someone that has actually moved their SIM from the 815S to the Nighthawk MR1100.......
MS...maybe I can add some color here. Last year I bought a Nighthawk M1100 on Ebay, along with a sim that was set up for an iPad. I used it for a number of months and it really worked great! Then we burned about 450 GB one month and they cancelled me. My son did the same and did not abuse it, so his is still working great!

I thought they may have blacklisted my Nighthawk, but have since inserted a sim from Visible in it and it worked great! (With a change of apn, of course..no PUK code needed for me) Then I tried a new sim from my iPhone 12 and it also works great! So I think you'll find some favorable results when trying this in your new router. It'll be plenty fast enough. Just keep your usage down and stay under their radar.

Now I'd like to begin using that Nighthawk again, but am wondering the best way to do this. My old iPad plan cost me $35/mo., but I can add a stand alone iPad plan for $20 and use that sim...why was I being charged $35 for the old setup? I am surprised a store mgr. would go along with OKing using your sim in a Nighthawk....maybe it's because it's very similar to the Mobley use? But iPad plans are also data only...and have the same 22GB cap. And...is the old Mobley plan still available?
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:56 AM   #2696

Monaco Owners Club
I also took the plunge and ordered the Nighthawk from Ebay to replace my Mobley. Hope the SIM Change works out easy, at least, I’ll have a few of you before me to maybe work out some of the kinks.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:12 AM   #2697

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Just keep in mind , The unit I saw e-bay is a used unit. NOT a factory refurb or even a "Joe blow" refurb. it said it was tested and worked. You takes yous chances.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:23 AM   #2698

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Just keep in mind , The unit I saw e-bay is a used unit. NOT a factory refurb or even a "Joe blow" refurb. it said it was tested and worked. You takes yous chances.
Other than installing a new battery, I'm curious as to just what kind of refurbishing one can do to this type of device. I removed the battery and run mine plugged in 24/7.

It also comes with a 60-day warranty and liberal return policy.

Warranty and Return Policy –

Unlike many of our competitors, Bonfire’s Return/ Warranty process is simple! You can return an item for ANY of the following reasons (Within 60 days of receipt of your device).

1. Simply just changed your mind!

2. You don’t agree with the condition

3. Device is broken

Bonfire will:

Pay for return shipping and offer a full refund (Please allow 3 working days to process a refund once we receive the return). OR
Pay for return shipping and offer an exchange – IF IN STOCK (Please allow 3 business days to process once we receive the return
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #2699

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Other than installing a new battery, I'm curious as to just what kind of refurbishing one can do to this type of device. I removed the battery and run mine plugged in 24/7.

Unlike many of our competitors, Bonfire’s Return/ Warranty process is simple! You can return an item for ANY of the following reasons (Within 60 days of receipt of your device).

3. Device is broken

Bonfire will:

Pay for return shipping and offer a full refund (Please allow 3 working days to process a refund once we receive the return). OR
Pay for return shipping and offer an exchange – IF IN STOCK (Please allow 3 business days to process once we receive the return
===============================================
When you say you keep it plugged in 24/7 is that in a 110 volt or 12 volt or you PC?
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #2700

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
===============================================
When you say you keep it plugged in 24/7 is that in a 110 volt or 12 volt or you PC?
110 volt
Old 12-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #2701

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:

3. Device is broken

Bonfire will:

Your right , He /they have a 100% positive rating of hundreds of customers.
On Ebay I look for bad reviews ( there's always that one guy). Not seeing any... Zip Nada! is a red flag to me as much as a bunch.I'm lead to believe the system is being rigged. But assuming its right it will be a good deal! Congrats
In my case I always only buy "factory" refurbs from the manufacturer directly, because I generally get a at least 1 year warranty from the manufacturer of the device. My thinking is the device was returned for a reason ..
Old 12-16-2020, 12:09 PM   #2702

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Here's the one on eBay for $135 with a 60-day warranty Nighthawk M1 MR100
The seller 'bonfireradios' has dropped the price to $125.00
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-NETGEA...4AAOSwbh9cbeyn

You can also get a 1-year protection plan for $13.00.