Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #2703

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
The seller 'bonfireradios' has dropped the price to $125.00
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-NETGEA...4AAOSwbh9cbeyn

You can also get a 1-year protection plan for $13.00.
Actually the ad for square trade is misleading. They will take your money but they don’t do protection plans on used or refurb equipment. Ask me how I know ! They refunded my money but said too bad so sad when I tried to use it on a failed product. I urge you to look at the terms ( unless they’ve changed in the last year)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #2704

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
And...is the old Mobley plan still available?
No.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:44 AM   #2705
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Got my new Nighthawk MR1100 yesterday! It will be tomorrow before I have a chance to get it going. I'll post an update then.

This thing looks brand new, not a scratch anywhere on it! I suspect that when AT&T released the 5G version they probably unloaded all the stock 4G's, selling them in bulk, unboxed, no charger or SIM, to the internet companies like where I got mine! Just a theory, but I can't see a used one looking that clean!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:50 AM   #2706

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Got my new Nighthawk MR1100 yesterday! It will be tomorrow before I have a chance to get it going. I'll post an update then.

This thing looks brand new, not a scratch anywhere on it! I suspect that when AT&T released the 5G version they probably unloaded all the stock 4G's, selling them in bulk, unboxed, no charger or SIM, to the internet companies like where I got mine! Just a theory, but I can't see a used one looking that clean!

Joe, I have ordered one also. Does it come with instructions for setting it up?
Old 12-18-2020, 07:55 AM   #2707

Winnebago Owners Club
All you new guys with Nighthawks be sure to order the Netgear MiMo antenna on Amazon. It’s a ~$40 “multiple in-multiple out” (MiMo) antenna you suction cup to a window for really great boosting. In many, but not all, cases it works as well or better than a cellular booster.

https://www.amazon.com/Netgear-60004.../dp/B00DN3J03O
Old 12-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #2708
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Nope, in instructions. You can get them online!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:28 AM   #2709

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Attached is a Quick Start Guide. There is also a more detail User Manual available online that is too large to attach here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nighthawk Quick Start Guide.pdf (649.9 KB, 38 views)
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 02:23 PM   #2710

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
110 volt
Thank you.
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 05:34 PM   #2711

I also have been an original Mobley user, I have also had the update with the time out, I just purchased a Nighthawk MR1100 from ebay look's to be brand new, I installed the SIM from my Mobley and after power up it prompts me to open in a browser http://AC81xS.mhs
This page can't be reached, so I can't connect to the nighthawk to make changes to the admin page to unlock my sim card, I do have the PUK codes, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 12-18-2020, 05:36 PM   #2712
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
All you new guys with Nighthawks be sure to order the Netgear MiMo antenna on Amazon. It’s a ~$40 “multiple in-multiple out” (MiMo) antenna you suction cup to a window for really great boosting. In many, but not all, cases it works as well or better than a cellular booster.

https://www.amazon.com/Netgear-60004.../dp/B00DN3J03O
Agree. For the money it works great !
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:59 PM   #2713

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzel View Post
I also have been an original Mobley user, I have also had the update with the time out, I just purchased a Nighthawk MR1100 from ebay look's to be brand new, I installed the SIM from my Mobley and after power up it prompts me to open in a browser http://AC81xS.mhs
This page can't be reached, so I can't connect to the nighthawk to make changes to the admin page to unlock my sim card, I do have the PUK codes, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
You need to access the router via the IP address. Or download the app for your ipad or phone and access it that way. That URL you posted is not for the Nighthawk and it's not valid... obviously.

When you do connect you have to attempt to enter the PIN a number of times. Some say twice others say three times and fail before you are asked for one of the PUK codes. Do the first one first and it should work. But remember it's only after you add the wrong PIN on purpose before it asks for the PUK.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #2714

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzel View Post
Thanks
You might want to take a look at the Quick Setup file I attached to my post #2709. It will give you the correct browser address.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #2715

I just received one of the Nighthawk MR1100's from Ebay and the unit was in perfect condition and seems to work well (so far seemingly faster than the Mobley or my Unite Explore), but... this seems to be some AT&T-crippled version of the firmware as many of the features do not seem to be available. To name a few, the unit will not tether via USB and the media sharing function (SD card or USB drive) is not available, and I cannot connect a router to the Ethernet port (the unbranded version of the firmware allows this.) What is even more confusing is that AT&Ts documentation does detail features such as media sharing and USB tethering, but these items are simply not anywhere on the admin GUI. And if you try to connect to the device via the Netgear phone app, the app reports 'unsupported unit.'

The unbranded version of the firmware is available on the Netgear site, but... you guessed it... the AT&T firmware will not allow you to install it. You can only install firmware OTA, and my device reports that the resident firmware is 'current.' This is why I never buy carrier-branded phones or devices

But in this case I'm only looking for increased reliability/speed and if the unit provides that I can always share the device via WiFi to a router. But if additional testing reveals that it isn't much faster than what I have now, back it goes. Even my lowly Mobley tethered to my router with no problem, but the MR1100 isn't recognized by multiple computers or my router. I might suspect a hardware problem except that is kind of unlikely, plus the tethering option is missing from the GUI so I think it simply isn't supported in the firmware.

Anyway, all told not I'm sure if this is going to be much of an improvement. I'll play and test some more but would like to hear what others have experienced.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #2716

I agree you need to connect by IP, try 198.162.1.1 for the address
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote