Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #1

2000 Country Coach Intrigue

We have a Cobra works in the mic type CB. I don't think that it is working properly and would like to replace it with one that scans. I like the works in the mic concept. Does anyone have any suggestions???

2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
JOC1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2010, 02:44 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Hi there!
Are you sure you do not already have what you are looking for... literally in the palm of your hand? I think I have the same model and mine DOES have a scanning function, as well as a recall/toggle to rapidly change between two frequencies. I also like the built-in WeatherAlert radio. I really do like not having to look down to change anything and I don't need yet another "box" in/on my dashboard.
What's not to love about this little convenient package with every control in your hand... the speaker included so it can be more quietly monitored/operated if your navigator is napping? Do you have the model number? I'll be glad to look at my files to see if I have the manual.
Let me know if I can assist you.
All the best to you...
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #3

I don't think we have the same radio

Mine is 2000 model and does not have scan or the weather radio. Mine has a red display. It also has a box under the dash and antenna tuner that uses the CB antenna for both the CB and the AM/FM radio.
I think yours is the newer model. Are you happy with it? If so I believe I'll up date to the same that you have.

2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
JOC1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #4

When I had a CB I found that most of the problems (range) were due to lack of proper antenna tuning. If your main problem is that your not sending very far check the anetnna & SWR readings. If both reception & sending then it is likely the cable/connectors to the antenna.
Techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
JOC1212,
Techie is right about the SWR trimming (Standing Wave Ratio) affecting the performance. It is even more critical in RVs because we are mostly fiberglass and composite materials for the "ground plane" reflection of the signal to send it out through the atmosphere, as opposed to metal in cars.

Checking the SWR is a simple matter of hooking the antenna cable to the SWR meter, taking the readings and adjusting the antenna by physically trimming it or electronically compensating to get the most signal gain.
I went out and checked the Cobra "works in the mike" in my rig. It is a Model 75 WX ST.
The "ST" stands for "Sound Tracker" (sort of like the old "V-7" in Vitalis hair dressing, I suppose) and I suspect the "WX" relates to having the Weather Radio function.
I am very satisfied with the convenience and performance of it.
All the best to you,
Jim
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote