Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
This is just what I've seen - I have two of the t-mobile 100 GB plans - One on a T9 hotspot 4G & M2000 5G - both support band 71. So I have been able to test both at the same location at the same time of day. I do not use any external antennas because they do not support them.

Most of the time "75% to 85%" the 5G connections is faster by 25 to 50% or more. I have not been in a location where I'm not able to stream on either. When the 4G is better, it can be as much as 100% faster. 8 to 12 MB vs 19 to 24MB.

Late at night, I've seen the 5G over 250 MB while the best the 4G was 110MB

The T9 was $90 to initially check out the plan when it first came out & got the M2000 for 1/2 off with a 2 year contract "around $180".
This is very similar to what I am seeing with my M2000 and data plan as well. The place where the M2000 may struggle is if I use it in the RV while moving. The lack of an antenna port puts it at a disadvantage to my current enterprise Pepwave router.
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2021, 01:24 PM   #16

Need input as to hot spots/carriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike625 View Post
This is just what I've seen - I have two of the t-mobile 100 GB plans - One on a T9 hotspot 4G & M2000 5G - both support band 71. So I have been able to test both at the same location at the same time of day. I do not use any external antennas because they do not support them.

Most of the time "75% to 85%" the 5G connections is faster by 25 to 50% or more. I have not been in a location where I'm not able to stream on either. When the 4G is better, it can be as much as 100% faster. 8 to 12 MB vs 19 to 24MB.

Late at night, I've seen the 5G over 250 MB while the best the 4G was 110MB

The T9 was $90 to initially check out the plan when it first came out & got the M2000 for 1/2 off with a 2 year contract "around $180".

I live in a rural area and use cellular (Verizon) as our home connection to the internet as well as when RVing. I recently got a T-Mobil TRY ME hot spot (Franklin T9 I think) to test the coverage at home. The hot spot drops connections with my computer constantly (I have had to log in three times while reading this thread). Is this a normal situation? When it is connected, I seem to have better transfer rates than with Verizon. And have people's experience with M2000 been better than with the T-9 regarding maintaining a connection to devices? 5G would be nice, but 4G consistently would be better.

Any input would be helpful as I try to determine whether to switch carriers. And if there are third party modem/routers that perform more consistently I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for responses.
Carrbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbigdog View Post
The hot spot drops connections with my computer constantly (I have had to log in three times while reading this thread). Is this a normal situation? When it is connected, I seem to have better transfer rates than with Verizon.
I've had the T9 for 3 mts. There have been times when the PC "PC on almost 24 / 7" will disconnect "3 or 4 times total over the time I've had it". I normally will reboot the hotspot and PC when it happens. Once rebooted it has been solid after that.

Have you checked if there is a BIOS update?
Are you running it charging it all the time - I have mine on a smart plug so it does not over charge.
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
I bought this last summer because I want band 71. I know it's not 5g but does have band 71. What I do like is you an look on to a band.

Rugged Enterprise Router with Embedded Modem
with 4G/LTE Technology included Band 71 (600 MHz)
LTE Bands: B2, B4, B12, B13, B14, B17, B66, B71

https://mofinetwork.com/product/mofi...sim7-combo-v3/
This MoFi router still - in 2021 - still does not support anything but 2.4ghz Wifi. It has zero 5Ghz Wifi support or access. This is a serious and important failing of the MoFi product lines.

Ask anyone that has 2.4g or 5g or better yet dual 2.4/5 ghz broadcasting simultaneously on the same modem and they'll tell you that 5ghz access is an important improvement in WiFi both within your RV and devices but in picking up outside (i.e. campground) wifi that is not overloaded.

Read the MoFi specs they don't even mention the router's WiFi capabilities. Because if they did you'd see immediately that they are sorely lacking in capability.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:34 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just got an Inseego M2000 from Tmobile....$170 for device, $50 a month for 100gb

430 Mbps speed where I am in Tx....wow.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:38 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Wonder if Wifiranger will have a new module to swap out in the Denali for those of us who have that unit in order to get 5G?
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
money, route, router