Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #1

Alarm system with cell phone dialer

I have spent several days trying to find an alarm system for our MH that has a wireless phone dialer. So far no luck. Lots of Asian suppliers claiming SMM system but only one outfit in Florida said they could supply a compatible system. So I called them and they realy didn't know and refered me to some other company who inturn passed me off to another outfit who hasn't bothered to reply to my query.

If anyone has first hand experience with a Wireless phone calling alarm system that runs on 12 volts I would realy like to know.
I have to park my rig in storage at a distance from my home base or else its parked in some plaza while we do our thing. It would be nice to have a level of pprotection that I could rely on.

BEETHOVIN5N9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #2

http://www.smarthome.com/73903G/GSM-...ty-Kits/p.aspx

I bought a home security system from them (would dial via landline to my cellphone wherever I was at). I was happy with their product. I still have the system and plan on eventually seeing if I can hook it up again.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Here's one that might do the job, although it's a bit pricey. http://www.diycontrols.com/product_i...roducts_id=388
I have an interest in this too. Found this by doing a web search for "cell phone alarm dialers"

Here's another one that looks like it just takes a typical cell phone, but even more pricey.
http://www.safemart.com/Voice-Auto-D...r-CVD-2000.htm
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #4

Cell Phone Alarm Dialer

Thank You very Much !!!

I had tried several different search formats and didn't find what you found. The price is OK, after all, the MH is worth a heck of a lot more than the Alarm system.

I most likely will connect the dialer to a RV/ Marine alarm system with zone protection. I am willing to spend up to around $600 for a workable system but just couldn't find a good working cell system dialer.

One of my relatives works in public security and his clients are also looking for asset protection that incorporates elements of the system you found.

Thanks again for your help
Old 05-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #5

Found a good rv alarm system

Thanks again for the kind help everyone.

I bought a RISCO AGM automatic alarm and cell phone dialer from DIY CONTROLS. It runs on 120 Volts AC & or 12 Volts DC (@70MA on standby)
This sytem requires a cell phone account and a seperate SMM card.
It takes some care & work to program it (initialy from a PC). The up side is it sends a text message to your phone when your RV (or boat) is in storage and anyone tries to break in. It is possible to connect alarm devices to it such as a loud horn & strobe light. I don't use any output devices, just the text message to my phone.

My motorhome is not simple to wire up for an alarm but I consider the effort worth the time. My house batteries and a 100 Watt solar panel are sufficient to power the alarm for an extended period.
I chose DIY Controls simply because they take the time to answer technical questions and they stock the AGM unit. I am using top quality GE magnetic switches for sensors. These are available from many different sources.
Total cost for components is under $800 including wire & hardware. Labour depends on what sort of installation you do and how many sensors are installed. I am using 12 sensors in 4 loops. Armored conduit in exposed areas.
The AGM can be setup at home and fine tuned to suit operating method then install the parts on the RV.