Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
AT&T Canceled My Plan

Well it was fun while it lasted. Can't say as I'm surprised. I guess it pays to have a last name that starts with a letter in the last quarter of the alphabet.

I had an unlimited plan from AT&T for about two years, bought the SIM and plan off of e-Bay. Found a used Netgear 815S for good price. Worked good.

I will say the plan worked well, and didn't really have any complaints.

Got a successful auto-renewal notice on Nov 22, today I get a notice that "Your data account above has been canceled either at your request or due to inactivity on the account." My last day of usage was likely on Nov 17. I guess that in AT&T's eyes that is lack of usage, and I certainly didn't cancel.

I guess it is too much for a faceless corporation to just tell the truth, rather than lie. I'll bet it will be fun getting back my unused payment back.

Well I guess it is off to Visible unless someone has a better idea.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2020, 06:02 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Were you paying a monthly fee? If you were, why should they care if you did not use the account? I don’t use my ATT Mobley account for months at a time, and they just keep accepting my money every month.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Were you paying a monthly fee? If you were, why should they care if you did not use the account? I don’t use my ATT Mobley account for months at a time, and they just keep accepting my money every month.
Oh yeah, 22nd of each month. Used a minimum of 100gig/month. It is just the purge of the Unlimited Plans that they announced some time ago.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:19 PM   #4

This sounds more like a EBay problem rather than a AT&T problem. Is the seller you purchased the sim card from a authorized retailer with AT&T?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:27 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Have you contacted them to try to straighten it out? If you're happy with the plan, I wouldn't go down without a fight.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:49 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck calling and getting any resolution to your problem.

About 4 months ago I had a heck of a time getting on line to pay, I was not set up on autopay, I had to call their help line. After talking to ~6-8 different people I finally went ahead and processed a payment over the phone and set up autopay. They said it may take more then 30 days for the autopay to go through so once I got on line I went ahead and scheduled a payment just to be on the safe side. Thought I was good to go until I checked my account on line and I was double billed and charged a late fee.
After talking to another 4-5 people I finally talked to a "supervisor" who said that my scheduled payment had been canceled offering some lame excuse. This was the worse customer service I had ever dealt with. I relented (gave up) and just may sure my autopay was set up.

If by chance my account gets canceled I'll move on to the next best option. I have a phone that I can tether to and may go that route for awhile.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 07:00 PM   #7

the issue is ATT when you call them cannot tell you why they are cancelling you i spent an entire day on the phone with multiple dept including fraud not one person at ATT could tell me why they cancelled the tablet plan.

I had read on there about others being cancelled but ATT could not tell me.

That is the complaint i have about them. The fraud dept even looked up the cancelled account and said well the device is wrong but wait it is same device since you started the plan 2 years ago.

I said correct the device has never changed.

I used this plan for a relative for internet. I have moved them to something else a while back after this was cancelled.

ATT sucks as a company it is also why they are third place and will never gain back to second place. They have no idea how to treat customers they did not when we had phone and dsl service back in the day. I actually did not think their service could get worse but they proved me wrong. I had directv and once ATT took over it was short time and i cancelled them after my bill tripled in about 6 months my around 100 plan went to yes over 300 when i cancelled they offered me a discount to 189.

I have one item left with them the mobily service and when they yank that around in the future i will simply move on completely. I keep waiting because i know they will at some point.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:18 PM   #8

RRR,

I also got cancelled in November and I did pay in October. I got the same message that you got. Since I have been using it and I did not request getting cancelled, I called them to find out why.
It took awhile but I finally got to some one who could tell me why. It was because I was using the Sim card that was registered to a IPAD in my cellular router. It is a IPAD data plan and My router ID did not match the IPAD ID. They claim under their terms this is misuse so they cancelled. I argued Data is Data, but obviously it is not to them. Unlimited data on a IPAD does not equal unlimited data on a hot spot or cellular router. Its BS if you ask me.

I used to carry them all year even though I only used it 2-3 weeks out of the year.
ATT was used as a second carrier, now it will be someone else. I need to start looking at the different options, it would be nice to be able to just pay for the half of the year that I would use it.
lbnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 04:49 AM   #9

No company is perfect, but I sure love my unlimited Mobley plans for $20 a month each. I never run out of all the high speed data I need.

I just signed up for another unlimited Ipad plan for $20 a month too. I do keep the sim in my Ipad but I can hotspot it to any other device.

Happy...
Old 11-30-2020, 09:04 AM   #10
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnaz View Post
RRR,

I also got cancelled in November and I did pay in October. I got the same message that you got. Since I have been using it and I did not request getting cancelled, I called them to find out why.
It took awhile but I finally got to some one who could tell me why. It was because I was using the Sim card that was registered to a IPAD in my cellular router. It is a IPAD data plan and My router ID did not match the IPAD ID. They claim under their terms this is misuse so they cancelled. I argued Data is Data, but obviously it is not to them. Unlimited data on a IPAD does not equal unlimited data on a hot spot or cellular router. Its BS if you ask me.

I used to carry them all year even though I only used it 2-3 weeks out of the year.
ATT was used as a second carrier, now it will be someone else. I need to start looking at the different options, it would be nice to be able to just pay for the half of the year that I would use it.
I'm not surprised. I knew they were clamping down on the iPad plans and those of us that were using them in a hotspot. I have been told that most of the sellers on e-Bay used the same IMEI and they were gradually catching up. I have no idea if this is true. It makes more sense to me that they are detecting the SIM card not matching the device.

Of course in my case when my grandsons bring their X-Box along and chew up data might be a clue to them.

Like I said, it was good while it lasted!
Old 11-30-2020, 09:29 AM   #11

I can see where ATT or any carrier would balk at an unlimited plan designed/sold for individual use being used in hotspot device or using an IPad/iPhone or other brand as a hotspot. I’m surprised it’s taken this long for them to crack down.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
I can see where ATT or any carrier would balk at an unlimited plan designed/sold for individual use being used in hotspot device or using an IPad/iPhone or other brand as a hotspot. I’m surprised it’s taken this long for them to crack down.
Tom i sure the ipad plans were an issue but ATT is known for horrible customer service and the method they did the cancellation it typical att just like all the people that bought the mobile internet plan they ATT just up and cancelled everyone because well they can. It was not being used in a violation of service they just decided they did not want to offer after many people spent 400-500 on a hardware brick.

And as I said I am sure at some point they will decide to repeat the same for the Mobely plan they will just cancel it no explanation just because they can.

I am sorry but this is lousy repeated customer service issues as a company continue with them.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:44 PM   #13

In my opinion, when you buy something on Ebay from a individual who tells you this will work, and then the company cancels you, you beef should be with the person who sold you the item, not the company. Using a plan that wasn't issued to you by a company is wrong.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:26 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
They canceled my unlimited service a while back without telling me. Next monthly bill was almost double. Switched to T-Mobile. Coverage is not as good but is half the cost.

Tags
led