Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #1

Thumbs down AT&T Raising Prices

is providing such crappy service that they are going to raise their rates in January 2021
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
is providing such crappy service that they are going to raise their rates in January 2021
we had their landline here at the house until a few years ago. we were paying $100+ p/m. we dumped them and added a comcast voice (same #) for $7 p/m. when i called to cancel at&t i thought i'd get some push back...but, nada. crickets. the clerk took the cancellation order and i was off the phone in less than 2-min.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #3

I really wish the merger to Dish would happen so we know the direction this going
Old 11-20-2020, 07:57 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Last article I read a few weeks ago said that dish was not in talks nor interested and the feds wouldn’t allow a combination anyway Att Is looking for other options. Whatever those may be.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:06 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
AT&T has some real issues now. They have a huge debt , and the large numbers of disconnects isn't helping. Direct TV was not the great buy out they thought it would be. Fiber to the house TV service didn't pan out as well as they would have hoped. Same for Verizon on that one.
AT&T is going to be doing a lot of things to try and make up for the money issues now and most will be making existing customers a tad upset. Instead of buying or merging with someone,they will most likely be bought out.
Like a lot of cable companies they are struggling to make Wall Street happy now. Spectrum TV comes to mind. Raise prices no matter the poor service. The debt is just to much for them. Most these operators borrowed heavy and paid way to much for what they bought out. The Wall Street push for the fast money
on buy outs / mergers. Now the bill is due and most just won't have it. So look for rate hikes from most these companies many times over in the near future.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ScopesNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:03 AM   #6

Buyout, maybe Musk or Avnet, I do think would be a no-no for feds
Old 11-21-2020, 08:39 AM   #7

If you lose revenue from customer loss you have to make up for it by raising prices.... Hate to say it but.... I think the future is obvious
Old 11-21-2020, 05:22 PM   #8

Hmmm... been with AT&T since they bought Cingular and never had a problem with their phone business. Now I have DirecTv and their Mobley plan for Internet. Love the Mobley service and price but I’m getting a bit tired of the DirecTv price increases. If only the Mobley could handle streaming...
Old 11-21-2020, 05:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
Hmmm... been with AT&T since they bought Cingular and never had a problem with their phone business. Now I have DirecTv and their Mobley plan for Internet. Love the Mobley service and price but I’m getting a bit tired of the DirecTv price increases. If only the Mobley could handle streaming...
Mine does on 2 TVs in most places.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
I used my Mobley for streaming all the time. Maybe you can explain why yours won't? Maybe in the latter part of 2017 or in 2018 I pulled the SIM out and put it in a Netgear Unite Explore and got better reception. I will say that I moved the SIM before ATT pushed out the new firmware that took away the "Never timeout" setting.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:26 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
AT&T Raising Prices

The Mobley streams great. I changed the code on it and moved it to a better hotspot a few years back before att got smart. But even before I could watch movies without interruption .. at the time I was using about 150g a month give or take. For awhile it was our sole source of streaming internet access.but that’s not the topic ..
I think price increases are just “the way it is” .. from just about everybody not just ATT
Old 11-23-2020, 04:07 AM   #12

My Mobley SIM is in a Netgear modem connected to a router powering my home network and traveling with us on the road. I didn’t mean I that my network “can’t” stream, rather that I “won’t” stream. Obviously some don’t worry about using extreme amounts of data but I use my network for work and like to stay under the radar and also not risk a slowdown. Off season I doubt it would be an issue, but we add 20-30,000 cell phones to the two towers in the summer snd imagine the network becomes cluttered. Either way, I’m content with what I have.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:32 AM   #13

They do this every year the same as Dish does.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:42 PM   #14

AT&T is in heavy debt and looking to dump some losers like CNN. I've been with them since the merger with Southwestern Bell Mobil Systems back in the early 90's but I am ready to bail. Things got bad when the .gov made the Bells break up and that pretty well ended great service. Bell Labs went to crap, AT&T followed right behind. I'm surprised they have lasted this long with all the hits and competition they have had to take.
Fefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote