Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #1

Best deal on Directv?I have used Directv in my coach for years with no major problems

I have used Directv in my coach for years with no major problems. I used to have HD in the coach but switched to SD and a DVR after changing to Fios at home. I have been told by DTV that you could only have one set of HD networks, either east or west. I have received something from DTV recently that stated that they were going to stop allowing the distant networks, that I was grandfathered but would lose the privilege if I ever canceled!

We are getting a new coach and everthing is HD ready and I want to have two HD dvrs in the new one. I am not on a contract but my current service is on "vacation mode". I have been told that my best deal would be to cancel my old account and start over to be able to take advantage of various deals and promotions. Does anyone have any up to date info on how DTV handles new HD motorhome customers and how they handle the network channels?.

I would have to connect the receivers which is not a problem.
Gary
GARYMC74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
HD has always been from 1 coast only.

I believe the new policy is SD from 1 coast and a higher price for SD from both coasts.

You may not be eligible for deals by just stopping and restarting your service.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I believe the new policy is SD from 1 coast and a higher price for SD from both coasts.
The "SD from both coasts" was only for current subscribers who were already receiving both coasts...and they had to call or return a postcard to keep both coasts.

NEW subscribers have the choice of only one coast, and it's not even a choice since the coast you get will be based on your account address.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Not sure how it happened but we have DNS HD from both coasts... plus our HD local channels. We never received any card to return nor number to call and it just started working this way.

We just bought townhouse after full timing for a couple of years and I called DTV to get my $150/mo bill lowered if possible. I explained that I had been happy with their service but it had become very expensive and I was now considering other options.. and that Dish and Cox Cable had attractive incentives.

The agent went through my bill line by line and gave me several of the new customer promotions currently going on. Lowered my bill by about $35/mo for the next six months and about $25/mo for two years. I'm about to put my DNS service on vacation so I sure hope I don't loose any functionality when I turn it back on.

Good luck...

rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm with RickO: Something happened very recently and now our east coast (distant)
is in High Definition. We didn't ask for it. Always had HD on regular (west coast) sat.

Now I'm thinking about a HD receiver for the MH. Maybe they are suckering us ?

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Not sure how it happened but we have DNS HD from both coasts..
Shhhhhh.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote