Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2019, 04:38 AM   #183

I've been playing around with the same thing - the split screen functionality might be tied to Apple designed apps. Apple maps was the only mapping app that would work for me. Maybe there's an update I'm missing.

WhiskeyBravo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2019, 10:17 AM   #184

Clint

I am betting that Google Maps and Waze will resize when iPadOS 13 is officially released. Many apps are looking to use the split screen functionality.

Have you found an altimeter that will use Landscape mode? There times I'd like that in place of maps. Like when I was climbing out of Chalma NM to Durango CO.
cpat39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #185

Clint,

Great looking dash. I am still pretty basic until I resolve what gauges really truly report on my rig..
cpat39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #186

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpat39 View Post
Clint

I am betting that Google Maps and Waze will resize when iPadOS 13 is officially released. Many apps are looking to use the split screen functionality.

Have you found an altimeter that will use Landscape mode? There times I'd like that in place of maps. Like when I was climbing out of Chalma NM to Durango CO.
Yeah sounds like iOS 13 will be a quantum leap...we'll see.

I was wondering why BF can't just build an altimeter window into the program as the unit can track it??

Split-screen should solve this as my Garmin App for the iPad can display altitude which is what I use when driving but of course, switching between apps today causes the BF App to have to restart
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:24 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Yeah sounds like iOS 13 will be a quantum leap...we'll see.

I was wondering why BF can't just build an altimeter window into the program as the unit can track it??

Split-screen should solve this as my Garmin App for the iPad can display altitude which is what I use when driving but of course, switching between apps today causes the BF App to have to restart
Paul,

Which Garmin App for the iPad do you use? Currently, we use a Garmin RV 760LMT stand-alone to the iPad.

Speaking of Bluefire <G> Here is a screenshot of our newly redesigned Bluefire Dash. The blank area at the top is a text field so you can display static info (we have our Rig name and VIN here)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our Dash.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	258363  
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:47 AM   #188

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Paul,

Which Garmin App for the iPad do you use? Currently, we use a Garmin RV 760LMT stand-alone to the iPad.

Speaking of Bluefire <G> Here is a screenshot of our newly redesigned Bluefire Dash. The blank area at the top is a text field so you can display static info (we have our Rig name and VIN here)
I have an App called Garmin USA which works on iPad and iPhone......unfortunately while still supported by Garmin through updates it is no longer available for purchase on the App Store
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2527.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	258373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2528.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	258374  

Name:	IMG_2529.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	258375  
Old 08-29-2019, 10:04 AM   #189

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
Tom,

I don't think the Fuel Used Offset is intended for the use you desire. I think it is in gallons. Just like the odometer, if the computer says you have used 8,000 gallons lifetime, and you know you have used only 7,500, you can put in a -500 gallons offset. But the trip fuel used number you are interested in is calculated from that Total Fuel Used number at fillup compared to that Total Fuel Used number now. Adding in the correction will affect both readings, so no effect on what you want to see.

You probably need a ratio that you can input, like the speedometer error value, such as 0.95. I will send a note to the developer to verify that. I suspect he can add one if there is a need for it.

My fuel used has always read almost perfect averaged over a couple fillups, sometimes a gallon high, the next time a gallon low. So I never paid much attention to a correction.
I would ABSOLUTELY like to see this option as mine consistently states I'm using less than actual
Old 08-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
I have an App called Garmin USA which works on iPad and iPhone......unfortunately while still supported by Garmin through updates it is no longer available for purchase on the App Store
Well, Bummer! That is OK though -- I have a stand Alone Garmin RV 760 LMT -- thanks for the information though!!
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:18 AM   #191

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I posted this in another thread, but not sure if that thread was still active, so I’m reposting here.

So I’m new to this BlueFire for Motorhomes adapter. In any event I have several questions that maybe someone more knowledge could help. I’m unable to remove a gauge. There’s no choice for “none” in the select wheel. BTW I’m using an iPad/iOS. Also I am not seeing very many choices on the circular gauges. There are many more choices on the text gauges. The last item is I am not picking up any data on the primary and secondary air pressure, however I know that it exists on the bus because I’m able to show it on my scan gauge d. I am not running both devices together as I unplug one and plug the other in separately.

Bluefire ver: 3.9.2
Ios 12.4.1
2010 Fleetwood Discovery Spartan chassis
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:23 AM   #192

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbones View Post
I posted this in another thread, but not sure if that thread was still active, so I’m reposting here.

So I’m new to this BlueFire for Motorhomes adapter. In any event I have several questions that maybe someone more knowledge could help. I’m unable to remove a gauge. There’s no choice for “none” in the select wheel. BTW I’m using an iPad/iOS. Also I am not seeing very many choices on the circular gauges. There are many more choices on the text gauges. The last item is I am not picking up any data on the primary and secondary air pressure, however I know that it exists on the bus because I’m able to show it on my scan gauge d. I am not running both devices together as I unplug one and plug the other in separately.

Bluefire ver: 3.9.2
Ios 12.4.1
2010 Fleetwood Discovery Spartan chassis
I would suggest posting your questions on the BlueFire Forum where the developer will see them.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #193

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Will try.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:23 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyBravo42 View Post
I've been playing around with the same thing - the split screen functionality might be tied to Apple designed apps. Apple maps was the only mapping app that would work for me. Maybe there's an update I'm missing.

Very nice looking console! I use a stand-alone, dedicated 7" gps so, I wouldn't necessarily want the maps portion but, I would love to have that clean, simple design on my iPad mini 4 or Samsung android tablet...I haven't decided what platform to use yet but I have enough win7/10, Android, and IOS hardware laying around to cover all of the possible bases!
rangerb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:09 AM   #195

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I would suggest posting your questions on the BlueFire Forum where the developer will see them.
Now this is what I call impeccable technical support!

Developer reply to post on company forum:

“Have you taken a look at the Getting Started document. It has a lot of tips that may answer some of your questions.

https://bluefire-llc.com...sts/t13207-Documentation

Also the IRV2 forum has a long thread with people who might be able to offer assistance.

http://www.irv2.com/foru...ement-option-425748.html”

Just venting a bit, but he didn’t address any of my issues.

Future purchasers should be wary.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:53 AM   #196

Newmar Owners Club
Cbones,

You need to go to the Customize Dash page where the first line is add or delete text gauge, followed by the same for circular gauges.
Click on the type of gauge you want to delete. A selection box (select wheel)will open up. On the very top will be the selection”none”. Click on that and press OK. The gauge will be deleted.

There are more text gauges available in the program than circular ones. 26 round gauges are currently defined, but several of them are not applicable to your chassis.
If you can’t see them on the customize dash page selection box, maybe restarting the app will help. If you decide to reset the app, export your work so you can recover it.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, dashboard, fire