Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2020, 10:23 PM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS2000 View Post
Anyone do any custom dash layouts for Freightliner M2-106?
I'd be happy to send you one of my earlier revisions that I have on this tablet for the 106. Something for you to play with.
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #296

M2 electronics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	311840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash & Console.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	449.0 KB
ID:	311841  

Name:	Cab Monitors.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	530.4 KB
ID:	311845  
MagnaTudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:39 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaTudes View Post
M2 electronics

Hopefully for the rest of us, you’re IFR.
Old 12-19-2020, 09:27 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS2000 View Post
Anyone do any custom dash layouts for Freightliner M2-106?
I did this one for our Seneca on the Freightliner S2 chassis which is basically the same as the M2-106 so it should work. The first pic is the one I have been using and the second pic is one I’m playing with DPF exhaust temps on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DE7EE457-0849-46F6-9C8A-5749BF13B664.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	311859   Click image for larger version

Name:	629580A6-ED8D-41D8-9E9F-841CEB095067.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	311860  

Name:	0735A820-68B3-4FBD-B948-C4453DD5D349.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	311861  
BMGM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:51 AM   #299

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
post back your findings. You can also reduce the number of data attributes the Bluefire is getting. This will reduce overall Bus activity. The Bus may be oversaturated.

More is not Better when it comes to "digital dashboards". Good software would have rules to increase the frequency of updates of a particular attribute IF an issue is apparent. And one doesn't need to see every attribute possible all the time. That adds to significant driver distraction.
But applying good HMI might have the side benefit of addressing the transmission issue - if the issue is scan tool related.
Sorry this is so late in returning a result. But the sad fact is I still do not have an answer as to what the transmission problem is. There is an Allison / Freightliner Custom Chassis dealer close to where we winter. So I went in with my car first just to see what they wanted me to do. As everyone knows moving from a semi permanent location isn't as easy as moving from campgrounds on a daily basis.

The service advisor was nice enough but it was the Friday before Thanksgiving and he had folks out on vacation etc. But he suggested that they could possibly just come to my lot and reprogram the control module right there. So I was up for that. We had to leave with the coach this past week so I asked if he could get that done before we left. That didn't happen. So on on trip across FL on the return at about 315 miles into the trip the Check Transmission light appeared once again. I guess the good news is he will have a code to read as the others were cleared by Cummins. Still a hard shift from 3rd to 2nd and a strange sound but smooth 2nd to 3rd shift. Other wise no problems. I have the BlueFire unplugged at this point.

So now I'm back to waiting for them to come visit me. I'll report whatever they find when ever they get around to it.

Hope everyone has a great holiday in spite of the COVID.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:31 PM   #300

Just got the bluefire, running on iPad mini...

Is there anyway to program the iPad to boot bluefire on start up?

Goal would be: key turns on, iPad powered, program starts...

Bypassing then login, bypassing clicking the icon, etc...
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #301

A quick search found this
IPAD start app on startup
How to Setup Kiosk Mode & Lock Your iPad to Just One App
Step 1: Enable “Guided Access” in your iOS settings. Open “Settings” ...
Step 2: Launch your App. Launch the app containing your sales and marketing content or presentation. ...
Step 3: Configured Guided Access. With your app still open, triple-click the Home button. ...
Step 4: Start Guided Access. ...
Step 5: Enjoy!
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpounder View Post
A quick search found this
IPAD start app on startup
How to Setup Kiosk Mode & Lock Your iPad to Just One App
Step 1: Enable “Guided Access” in your iOS settings. Open “Settings” ...
Step 2: Launch your App. Launch the app containing your sales and marketing content or presentation. ...
Step 3: Configured Guided Access. With your app still open, triple-click the Home button. ...
Step 4: Start Guided Access. ...
Step 5: Enjoy!
Cool! Will try...
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:32 PM   #303

Monaco Owners Club
Just started researching BlueFire for the coach. To left of steering column, I have a 6 pin outlet ..it’s labeled ABS DIAGNOSTIC.

in electrical compartment outside, I have same 6 pin labeled ABS, PLUS a 9 pin outlet labeled TRANSMISSION.

I read somewhere that most coaches my age would have a 9 pin near steering wheel. I glanced behind dash in the maze of wires, but didn’t see anything.

Thoughts? Which adapter should I be considering?
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:25 PM   #304

Quote:
Just started researching BlueFire for the coach. To left of steering column, I have a 6 pin outlet ..it’s labeled ABS DIAGNOSTIC.

in electrical compartment outside, I have same 6 pin labeled ABS, PLUS a 9 pin outlet labeled TRANSMISSION.

I read somewhere that most coaches my age would have a 9 pin near steering wheel. I glanced behind dash in the maze of wires, but didn’t see anything.

End Quote

It appears the ABS system is not incorporated into the main data bus. I would get the 9 pin and use the transmission port. Very likely you will also see engine data too as the engine does talk to the transmission.
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:40 PM   #305

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpounder View Post
Quote:

End Quote

It appears the ABS system is not incorporated into the main data bus. I would get the 9 pin and use the transmission port. Very likely you will also see engine data too as the engine does talk to the transmission.
Thanks for your comments.

Just seems strange the transmission port is an outside compartment.. Only thing I could locate inside near the steering wheel is a 6 pin.

I suppose the labels on the plugs COULD are wrong, but I know they came from the factory that way.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:05 PM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Thanks for your comments.

Just seems strange the transmission port is an outside compartment.. Only thing I could locate inside near the steering wheel is a 6 pin.

I suppose the labels on the plugs COULD are wrong, but I know they came from the factory that way.
It is comparing apples to oranges, but on Alpine Coaches they mounted the diagnostic port to the firewall in front of the passenger seat. My '04 with the Cummins ISL 400 has the 9 pin connector, so I would be surprised if your newer coach does not have a 9 pin connector. Keep looking.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0129.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	314874  
Old 01-18-2021, 07:48 AM   #307

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
It is comparing apples to oranges, but on Alpine Coaches they mounted the diagnostic port to the firewall in front of the passenger seat. My '04 with the Cummins ISL 400 has the 9 pin connector, so I would be surprised if your newer coach does not have a 9 pin connector. Keep looking.
thanks Jim for commenting. It's surprising me too that this coach has a 6 pin where everyone else is saying it should be a 9 pin.

I know this coach pretty well, but under the dash is a whole new adventure. I'm hoping someone with a similar coach can come along and shed some light.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:08 AM   #308

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Others are right. Cummins installed the 9 pin J1939 on coaches in that era, and still do to this day. Almost always it is on the steering column around the brake pedal area. On the Apex, Western RV moved it to the right side of the of the driver foot well on the center stack where radio, hvac controls, etc are. It is behind a removable plastic panel. However, it should be accessable without any tools.

Tags
dash, dashboard, fire