Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2022, 07:12 PM   #1

Cameras For Viewing From Inside RV

Has anyone set up a camera system that we can see what’s going on around our RV while we’re inside?

Mainly a safety thing but also to see wildlife.

Thanks
Morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2022, 09:16 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was thinking of putting some blink cameras on ours. They will probably be on sale on Amazon on Oct 11th and 12th
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #3

We installed a four camera system that came with a DVR monitor. The cameras have to be plugged in but connect wirelessly to the monitor. In one location we had to install an outlet for two of the cameras but was able to use existing outlets for the other two. We use it for security. So far everything is working very well and the picture is decent quality. We like the DVR because everything is recorded if needed.
ltcbjmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:36 PM   #4

Wireless Wyze outdoor rechargeable cameras can be placed anywhere needed around the RV.

They also make great wildlife cameras and are less expensive than the Ring cameras.
wolfgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:38 AM   #5

Thank you. I’m hoping to find some kind of permanent install. Kind of like Tesla uses.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:39 AM   #6

So, you set them up each time you park?
Old 10-03-2022, 03:45 AM   #7

Do you leave them permanently mounted?
Old 10-03-2022, 12:07 PM   #8

Ours are permanently installed. The DVR you can turn off but the cameras are on constantly when you have power unless you unplug them.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcbjmr View Post
Ours are permanently installed. The DVR you can turn off but the cameras are on constantly when you have power unless you unplug them.
Any photos of your system installed?
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:34 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Once I put a USB webcam on my batwing antenna and cranked it around manually to "look around". Learned pretty quickly that for less effort than it takes to se up a camera on the TV or a computer screen I can look out of a window. No wires, no power needed, no IP addresses or software to deal with. If I'm gone I don't need to see around the RV, even if something happens I'm not there to deal with it anyway.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:57 AM   #11

Thanks Mark,
That’s probably the most sensical thing to do.
It was just a thought. Of course I let my imagination get the best of me.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:10 AM   #12

Reference permanent cameras

I have posted some pictures of the cameras....unless you know where to look you don't really notice them. Because we just use them closed circuit...there is no need for connectivity although that is an option. They work great for us when we are hunkered down inside.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2022, 08:13 AM   #13

Now that’s what I’m talkin about. Only for when we’re hunkered!
Please explain closed circuit.
And what brand cameras?
Old 10-07-2022, 09:38 PM   #14

The brand we purchased was Hiseeu 8 channel expandable but we only use four cameras. It came with a 12" LCD monitor with a 3TB hard drive. Closed circuit basically means you are the only one viewing it live or the recording. You are not using it over the internet. This system however can be used on the internet for remote monitoring should you choose to connect it that way. We only need it when we are inside and need to view something without going outside to see it directly. It works well for our needs.

Tags
camera, view