Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Can I do a temporary Weboost mount?

I am thinking about purchasing a weBoost Drive 4G-X RV. Since I will only need it occasionally, I am not excited about drilling a hole in my roof to run the cable. I would like to, when I need it, mount it at the top of my ladder, but I can't figure out how to get the cable inside my RV and then remove everything when I don't need it. Any suggestions for this?
ascdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2018, 09:26 AM   #2

Use a flat cable to go thru the window
MotorPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
Use a flat cable to go thru the window
Pardon my ignorance. Could you be more specific about the flat cable. Exactly what is that and where can I get one?
ascdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:12 AM   #4

My Weboost came with a 6" to 8" long, flat cable. That goes thru the window and cables hook to each side of it.

Here is one.

https://express.google.com/product/1...FQOXyAodyH8A4w
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascdds View Post
I am thinking about purchasing a weBoost Drive 4G-X RV. Since I will only need it occasionally, I am not excited about drilling a hole in my roof to run the cable. I would like to, when I need it, mount it at the top of my ladder, but I can't figure out how to get the cable inside my RV and then remove everything when I don't need it. Any suggestions for this?
I bought a 5 foot long length of PVC tubing, mounted the antenna on the PVC, then bought a double suction cup off of Amazon and attached the PVC to the suction cup handle with a couple hose clamps. I wrapped the clamps and handle with Gorilla tape just to protect my hands from the clamps. When I use the weboost I pull the antenna and mast out of the basement, open a window on my living room slide, reach out the window and attach the antenna to the side of the MH, the antenna ends up well above roof line. I route the coax from the antenna to the weboost through the side of the slide.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:32 PM   #6

Scott if you can run a cable from the booster into a basement compartment then you can leave a cable end there when not using the booster. Put the antenna on a pole of some type, I put my directional external YAGI antenna on top of my flag pole, and use an extension cable from the antenna down to your storage compartment.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:59 AM   #7

I used the refrigerator vent as a cable chaise for the Weboost outdoor antenna, no holes were drilled on the roof or sidewalls of the RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7910202.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	212305  
gladu2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:12 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
This does not accomplish what you asked but maybe worth mention... ??

A bulkhead type coax connector would allow you to create a water tight seal AND allow you to remove the cable/antenna when not needed. Perhaps??

Something like this - I think you need the N type connectors but double check please.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladu2 View Post
I used the refrigerator vent as a cable chaise for the Weboost outdoor antenna, no holes were drilled on the roof or sidewalls of the RV.
Was removing the vent cover necessary and where, on the inside of the RV, does the cable emerge (near the fridge I assume, but my DW has proven my assumptions wrong on a few occasions)? Thanks.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytmare View Post
Was removing the vent cover necessary and where, on the inside of the RV, does the cable emerge (near the fridge I assume, but my DW has proven my assumptions wrong on a few occasions)? Thanks.

You have to fish it out from behind the refrigerator. In our case in our 2016 Itasca 25B. the refrigerator vent is next to a small cabinet that's over the door. We took off the back panel of that cabinet and fished the cabling through to the roof. Next to that upper cabinet are more upper cabinets where ultimately the cell booster resides. Yes, we removed the vent cover and drilled a 1/2" hole in the side of the vent lip to route the cable. We used the hole saw provided with the Weboost and added a rubber grommet where the cable entered the vent lip hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0601.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	212454   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7910207.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	212455  

gladu2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:11 PM   #11

I use a temporary mount for my Weboost antenna. I bought a suction cup from Techno RV and a 6 foot piece of PVC pipe. I run the coax cable through my slide out. I run the slide out a couple feet then stick the cable through the slide and then open the slide. Watch the YouTube video. https://youtu.be/FTrwUGNbkzE
It takes about 5 minutes to set it up or take it down. That way I don’t have to run cables through open windows. It works great.
ronmeier is offline   Reply With Quote