RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2021, 09:42 PM   #1

Can Samsung Galaxy 8 phone receive Gmail

Is it possible to use Gmail on a smart phone, without too much complicated programming involved? Thought maybe the phone would be better than my laptop in receiving a notification of an incoming e-mail.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #2

sure. i have no experience with android but i read my g-mail on imy iphone and ipad all the time. you can use the iphone e-mail app or the g-mail app. gotta believe android devices have the same ability.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:52 PM   #3

My Samsung 7 does my yahoo and g mail. Check your google app, g mail is there I believe
Methowmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:54 PM   #4

Yes, just Google Gmail.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:52 PM   #5

Yes, no problem on my Galaxy Note 8, it walks you through it. It is already set up for gmail, you just have to enter your email address and password.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:07 PM   #6

Any browser....."mail.google.com"
WagonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:49 PM   #7

Gmail is primarily an email Service. The "App" for email can be configured to connect to the Gmail servers to get your mail and to send it.
There are lots of email apps that can run on your phone. The phone has an app that is easy to add your Gmail account to.

If you decide you don't like that app, then get another from the Google Play store and install it. You then need to tell the Phone's operating system (Android) that the new mail App is your Default app for mail.

So, the mail app runs on the Operating system (Android) that runs on the phone hardware (Samsung). The phone's network connection (cellular or Wifi) connects to the Gmail servers (living in the Internet) that store and send your email.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:27 PM   #8

I found the app on my Smart Phone and tried to load Gmail. It asked for my address and password but when I entered it, it didn't believe me and asked for an e-mail for a code to be entered for me. Did so on Yahoo mail, got the code and entered it. Still didn't believe me and asked for more identification but didn't know any other way to convenience the phone/Gmail who I am.
Gave up.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:40 AM   #9

You must be doing something wrong. Possibly entering message number instead of the code in the body of the message. I have had numerous Android phones, including an S8, and setting up my Gmail was always very easy. You might try accessing your Google account on a regular computer and verifying that the email address and password are correct.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:40 PM   #10

Well, did get it opened and accepted after entering every e-mail address I had for back up and password used last.
Now haven't been able to find all the messages on the Gmail account I have on the laptop. All it keeps asking for to select type of messages to accept and other selections. Just too much for me to be able to wade thru, what to accept and what to ignore. Now unable to reach the messages I already have. Smart Phone just as confusing as ever.
Needed the Phone Gmail to be able to always be on top of any local virus vaccination locations but just not working for me.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:13 AM   #11

You should go to mail.google.com in a browser on a laptop or desktop PC. Enter your User ID and password you believe to work. If you then see the correct email, now's a good time to clean up your spam, old stuff you don't need to see any longer etc. since it's easier to do this maintenance on a larger device than a smartphone.

Then, select the email app you want to use on your smartphone and configure it with your same Gmail user id/ password you just used.

Sounds like maybe you have multiple email accounts? Your smartphone should be displaying the exact same messages as the PC / browser view once it synchronizes with the Gmail Internet server.

If the above doesn't work for you, take your Gmail user ID and password that is known to log in. Go go your cell phone store and ask for assistance. When the password is needed, YOU enter it on the phone without telling the assistant what it is for privacy and security.

Tags
phone