Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 11:33 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Changing Direct tv service location

I am going to be in Port Charlotte, FL for the next 4 months. I would like to change my direct tv service location to there. Any suggestions on how to do that without getting totally frustrated with the Direct TV folks who answer the customer service lines, would be appreciated! I haven't changed my service location now for a couple of years ... it was challenging back in 2016 ... I can only imagine that it is going to be a real pain now. Thoughts? Thanks, Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #2

Back in the days when we had DirecTV we were told to wait until it was after 5:00 PM east of the Mississippi to call DirecTV so we would get someone west of the Mississippi that knew what an RV was.
Worked very well for us after the first time dealing with an idiot east of the Mississippi. We ended up hanging up in frustration after she switched us off and then said it wasn't her but the weather. I looked out our coach window and saw nothing but stars in the sky.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:14 PM   #3

DirecTV seems to finally have their act together WRT changing service address. I call 877-407-4720 (other folks have different numbers they call) and ask for a change of service address. I'm then transferred to a human being and again ask for a change of service address, specify not the billing address. I specify that this is for my RV, and we have changed campgrounds and need a new service address to get the local channels. We changed it this week and they called it a Snowbird change. After they enter and confirm the new service address, if they don't tell you it will be changed immediately ask them to push the change. What used to take hours or torture now seems to get done quickly and painlessly.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:18 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
DirecTV seems to finally have their act together WRT changing service address. I call 877-407-4720 (other folks have different numbers they call) and ask for a change of service address. I'm then transferred to a human being and again ask for a change of service address, specify not the billing address. I specify that this is for my RV, and we have changed campgrounds and need a new service address to get the local channels. We changed it this week and they called it a Snowbird change. After they enter and confirm the new service address, if they don't tell you it will be changed immediately ask them to push the change. What used to take hours or torture now seems to get done quickly and painlessly.
Wonderful! Exactly the info I was seeking!
Old 11-26-2021, 03:20 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
It worked, thank you so very much!
Old 11-27-2021, 06:03 AM   #6

Glad it worked for you! Enjoy your local channels.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #7

I called yesterday to get my flakey HR54 replaced. I was shocked when an obviously English speaking guy answered and fixed me up with a replacement that actually shows being shipped today. I asked him about the AT&T deal and he thought that Directv was trying to get back to the good old days. There is a definite place for Satellite TV and I don't plan on getting rid of it, even after I get Starlink......at this time.
WagonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:15 AM   #8
YC1

This is great news. I have been dreading changing mine and we have moved just a few miles. But I need to do the change.

I'm saving it in my Direct TV billing login information for future reference.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, direct tv, service