Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2021, 06:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky1 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I looked at Marcelís site and they donít work with T-mobile, just Verizon and AT&T.

We also have Marcell, only the Marcell monitor uses At&t or Verizon, your phone it reports to can use T-mobile if that is what you have, your phone's carrier doesn't matter. Our Marcell has worked flawless for 4 years.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2021, 07:18 PM   #16
Happy to be here!

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
These posts come up every couple of weeks and I still don't understand what knowing the inside temperature does for you at 11 am when you are 2 hours away from your coach? I have a Magnum ATS that will start the generator to power 3 ACs if the coach hits 87 degrees.
vyndance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:48 PM   #17

Quote:
What do you use to monitor the temperature in the coach to keep the pets safe while you are out?
I used a Magnum ME-AGS (Auto Generator Start) to ensure my dog was protected in our RV.

The ME-AGS can be set to start your RV's generator when battery voltage drops too much and/or when the temp inside your RV gets to a certain temp.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:05 PM   #18

I use sensor push (wasn't happy with battery life or alert options on temp stick). However, in going to check out Marcel.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyndance View Post
These posts come up every couple of weeks and I still don't understand what knowing the inside temperature does for you at 11 am when you are 2 hours away from your coach? I have a Magnum ATS that will start the generator to power 3 ACs if the coach hits 87 degrees.
For me it's both. AGS triggered by hvac calling for cooling and temp monitor letting me know it's working.

However the sensors also key me know humidity when in storage and wet bay temp when I'm out during the winter.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:25 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyndance View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have AGS as well, but my wife would worry that it fails. The monitor provides peace of mind that our dog is not roasting in heat. We would return to the coach as soon as we see a temperature issue. The difference in time between discovery and return vs a later return may make a difference in outcome.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:27 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
I used a Magnum ME-AGS (Auto Generator Start) to ensure my dog was protected in our RV.

The ME-AGS can be set to start your RV's generator when battery voltage drops too much and/or when the temp inside your RV gets to a certain temp.
Thanks for your reply. I have AGS also, but would still like verification that a monitor would provide.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:06 AM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Have you looked at the micro-Air thermostat replacement. It is internet-based (works with hotspot) and will not only allow you to see what the temperature in the coach is but also to turn on/off or choose any of your climate control options (Heat/Heat pump/AC or just fan) where applicable from your phone or tablet from virtually anywhere
PS... concerning the posts about AGS, we do not have AGS but I do have a system that can run both AC units from the Lithium Battery bank for 4-5 hours, with no sun, and can support one rooftop AC unit with full sun...... We try to keep the coach comfortable and do..... don't discount the Misco-Air solution
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:37 AM   #23

We have 2 govee unites in our rv. We monitor it on our phones when were away. You can set your temperature and humidity parameters to alert you if they go above or below your thresholds. It's worked great for us during our 3 yrs of usage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210727_113137.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	337436  
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
We have 2 govee unites in our rv. We monitor it on our phones when were away. You can set your temperature and humidity parameters to alert you if they go above or below your thresholds. It's worked great for us during our 3 yrs of usage.
Thanks, this seems to be what we are looking for. However after researching, I see many reviews that have trouble with remote monitoring and/or not receiving the push notifications. Have you experienced any of those issues? Anyone else out there use Govee?
Old 07-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #25

Quote:
Thanks, this seems to be what we are looking for. However after researching, I see many reviews that have trouble with remote monitoring and/or not receiving the push notifications. Have you experienced any of those issues? Anyone else out there use Govee?
The only time, we were out and an hour later we went to check it and it said no signal, I quickly remembered that it had been warning me for a wk to change the battery. I go through 1 battery maybe every 9 months. Notifications have always worked as set, great product. I would recommend it to anyone I knew. Very cost effective and does exactly what we wanted it to do. As a plus note, my wife has asthma pretty bad so when were home I'm always looking at the gauge so I can keep the humidity down in the house. We bought 1 for each end of the house.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
The only time, we were out and an hour later we went to check it and it said no signal, I quickly remembered that it had been warning me for a wk to change the battery. I go through 1 battery maybe every 9 months. Notifications have always worked as set, great product. I would recommend it to anyone I knew. Very cost effective and does exactly what we wanted it to do. As a plus note, my wife has asthma pretty bad so when were home I'm always looking at the gauge so I can keep the humidity down in the house. We bought 1 for each end of the house.
Thanks, Iím convinced and will order one today. Certainly worth a try for a minimal expense.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky1 View Post
thanks, iím convinced and will order one today. Certainly worth a try for a minimal expense.
👍👍👍

Tags
monitor, temperature