Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2020, 06:14 PM   #1

Computer Games for TV

Just wondering whether to buy a PS5 or an X Box for the S&B and maybe an occasional visit to the coach. I like sports games such as golf, tennis, bowling, football, etc. but don't care about combat games or shooting monsters or enemy soldiers. Flight Simulator games would be nice too.

Which platform has the most games I would like?
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2020, 10:51 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
First.. you come to a forum with a whole bunch of retired or wanna be retired folks and ask about computer games?

Retired Microsoft guy here.. 26 years with the company and man am I glad Im out of the business.

Anyway, its going to be personal preference, I think. Game developers develop sometimes for specific platforms, some platform manufacturers own the brand (Microsoft Halo and Flight Simulator as a couple examples). So you might want to winnow it down to your one or two most wanted games and decide from there. Or, like my now-grown son does, he owns a couple versions of XBox and PS.

Personally, and Im totally biased here, X-Box does more than just play games. I think its also a media server but Im not in to gaming so I cant do it justice. I guess what I'm getting at is see which units also can offer more besides the gaming as that might also sway your selection. Just a random thought...
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:43 AM   #3

Thanks for the great information. And, I posted to the wrong forum. I wanted "Just Conversation" and hit the wrong button. Could not figure out how to delete it.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:47 PM   #4

Probably not so many gamers on this particular forum I'd agree.
I thought to replay earlier but my taste in entertainment seems to be the exact opposite of what you asked for advice on.
I have more than one Xbox and Playstation, plus I play around on the PC and sometimes a Nintendo or two.
The only thing I can really say is that Microsoft's Flight Simulator is the gold standard if that interests you. Thus an Xbox or a PC would serve you best for at least that.

I have a friend always bringing up how he's like a gaming PC like mine and I always talk him out of it. Because of glitches. There's always some fool thing going on with a driver out of date or something. Not a big deal to me but I don't want to be his tech support all the time because he is very non-technical. The most he has to do with his Xbox is to wait while an "update" for this or that is downloaded and installed. Sometimes I find it gratifying to just jump on a game system and start doing stuff myself. It's usually that easy on a PC but sometimes not and sometimes it is a REAL headache. It's nice to also know that when a game is packaged to work in a certain system it WILL work. Sometimes a crap shoot on PC's. I can tell stories.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer, game, games