Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2023, 07:56 AM   #15

Assuming your on Windows - WiFi connect your computer to your phone.

Hit Start|Run and type in CMD.

A Command Line window should open.

Type in IPCONFIG - that should return the IP for both your computer (first line) and the phone (last line).

Close the Command Line window.

With your printer still connected to your printer, open the Control Panel on your computer. Find your printer, highlight, and right click. Change the printers IP to a number in the same domain as your phone where the x’s in the following are the same as the phone, and the y’s in the following are different from your phone and your laptop - xxx.xxx.xxx.yyy.

There is more than one way to skin a cat - others may take a different approach to reach the same end - YMMV - (no animals intended to be harmed in statements made).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2023, 10:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRick View Post
Thanks for all the great replies. I think my post was a bit misleading. When I referred to my mobile hotspot I was referring to my cell phone. It does not seem there is a simple solution so I will continue to print via USB. It works fine but I sit on the opposite side of my RV when working so I have to run the cable across the floor when I want to print and then roll it up when I am finished. Not that big a deal.

You should try connecting it to your phones hotspot. But you will have to google that phone to find out if its hotspot clients can talk to one another. Or just setup the hotspot on your laptop and have the printer connect to it. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:02 AM   #17

Your phone hotspot should work the same as any other hotspot. You either need to use the same SSID name you connected to the laptop or determine the IP address of your phone hotspot to connect the printer under wireless networks in settings. That is unless your phone provider limits the amount of connections to your phone hotspot. Even that can be overcome with an inexpensive router like a GI-Net (if that's correct) connected to the phone and all your other devices connected to the router. You also need to make sure the drivers for the printer are installed on the laptop. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
internet