Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #1

Control4 smart home Coach

We picked up the Renegade Verona on Friday and started the HDMI video distribution, audio, motorized shades, security camera, intercom and working on integrating the lighting, hvac and other monitoring and controls.

All 3 Tv displays will be sharing the dish receiver, Kaleidescape video server, Blu-ray, and cable box located in the overhead media cabinet.

The coach is using Araknis networks router , switch and wireless access point using OvrC systems to monitor the health of all devices.

There are 2 control4 touchpanels installed. Here is a picture of the first panel. Since the coach is in my driveway It is just connected to the system in the house. But when we are finished, the coach will be on its own system. We will also be able to control everything from the handheld remotes and phones and tablets as well as voice if we want to add an Alexa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8348EF77-4D14-4679-AD7F-55EB6F0BA3FF.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	458.3 KB
ID:	249460   Click image for larger version

Name:	8B4ED676-DBDD-4D82-B409-DD467F934F69.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	249461  

VEREN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #2

Pretty cool. Are you able to program and make changes to the control logic on your own or do you need to rely on an authorized installer/technician?

I was planning to use RPi3 and wifi controls with Alexa for voice commands, but for now I have other projects that are more important. My better half would go through the roof if I spent too much time modernizing the RV ;-)
Old 06-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsarmyknife View Post
Pretty cool. Are you able to program and make changes to the control logic on your own or do you need to rely on an authorized installer/technician?

I was planning to use RPi3 and wifi controls with Alexa for voice commands, but for now I have other projects that are more important. My better half would go through the roof if I spent too much time modernizing the RV ;-)
With control4 you have to have a dealer install any new hardware.
There is software available from C4 for the DIY homeowner to then program functions of that hardware.

There are several systems where you have complete control of the system that do similar / more than C4.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post

There are several systems where you have complete control of the system that do similar / more than C4.
Which brands?
Mtn. Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #5

Finally swapped out the Stock TV and Sound bar.
I installed the Samsung QN43Q60RAFX and the 5.1 Samsung Sound bar with wireless Sub. This new sub is slightly larger then the existing sub but I got it to fit under the sink the stock unit was.

The Soundbar is a little larger then the stock unit but as you can see in the photo, I have it off center but fits nice in this location

The sound and Picture quality is huge improvement. I can finally rock this coach with movies and music. Also now we have all of the Apps including Netflix, youtube etc.

I also finally got around to removing the glass in the media cabinet since it was getting hot in there. So now I have black speaker mesh
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4932.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	253283  
Old 07-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #6

Would love to hear details about the black mesh. As of now it's no door at all.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
Would love to hear details about the black mesh. As of now it's no door at all.
Hi. Very easy to remove the glass it’s just secured with a rubber strip that you can save if you ever want to install the glass again. Stretch black speaker mesh across the back and staple in place. Cooled my cabinet down by 40 degrees.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #8

Removed glass a long time ago. Installed rack and have a piano hinge at the time of the door, which has been removed. Think a cabinet person is our future. Thanks for the info
Old 03-20-2020, 09:50 PM   #9

What Kaleidescape system did you install? I am looking at getting an RV (have rented them a couple times) and am looking to install a 1U server, M500 player and was debating if I wanted to add a costar and strato or just stick with the regular premier system.

Have you had any issues with the Kaleidescape?
MrPoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPoindexter View Post
What Kaleidescape system did you install? I am looking at getting an RV (have rented them a couple times) and am looking to install a 1U server, M500 player and was debating if I wanted to add a costar and strato or just stick with the regular premier system.

Is this MrPoindexter of AVSForum?
Connecting your passion for media systems with RVing? There are a few that share those two passions
Old 03-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPoindexter View Post

Hi MR P. I recognize your name from the other forums.
We have the Strato installed here. Mostly parked in my yard so its connected to my main terra server. When on the road it will play the movies stored on it's hard drive.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
Is this MrPoindexter of AVSForum?
Connecting your passion for media systems with RVing? There are a few that share those two passions
Yes it has to be!
I am also there as well as the kscape forum and of course remotecentral since the beginning
Old 03-21-2020, 08:43 AM   #13

Replaced the entire lighting system with a DMX system. Added several more touch panels and also 12 Control4 keypads in place of the stock lighting controls (that barely worked)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	c42.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	278594  
Old 03-21-2020, 10:21 AM   #14

links would be nice.