Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2020, 01:31 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I recently bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it works great. It does not have all the bells and whistles, but it does what I want it do. I tested it in my driveway and the pictures downloaded on my laptop are fantastic. It is limited to 4 hours (32gb card), but that is about all the time I drive anyway.
Raymond, that looks like a good buy, but it doesn't have GPS capabilities. I like that feature so I have a record of how fast I was driving when the jerk pulls out in front of me!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #16

I have had the Vantrue X4 for about a year now. I've been very pleased with it. It has a GPS add-on for those that want that. A little spendy, but I've been very happy with it.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:48 PM   #17

Been doing some research into a dash cam for the coach as well front view only.

Might want to check out this one out at Amazon and there is a rear camera with this model too, shoots in 4K and has parking mode as well

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RZQJYDW...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a Youtube review

Hope it helps

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:29 AM   #18

I have a dashcam that records 4K in the front and 1080 in the rear. It's permanently mounted and wired into my truck's upfitter switches. I leave it on all the time. I have it for when I'm towing and Bubba pulls out in front of me in the middle of nowhere. With my luck, Bubba's brother will be the cop that responds. Without it, I'd be up a umm, brown creek. I've got quite a few videos of people cutting me off and wildlife in the roads.

I also have a front and rear camera set up on my motorcycle. They turn on with the ignition, so if I'm riding, they are recording. They are powered through the bike's electronics so I don't have to worry about a battery failing like I would with a GoPro.

Yes, they might catch you speeding, but it's your camera. You don't have to turn yourself in just because you have a video of yourself speeding.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:06 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpounder View Post
For a long time I thought having a dash cam might not be a good idea because it might show me speeding, tailgating or me running into the guy in front of me.

But I am a safe driver no accidents in 40 years.

I put one in the DP and have one in the Jeep that also has a rear camera too.
We use one in our motorhome, too......mainly for telling our side of the story.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:00 PM   #20

We have dashcams in both the motorhome and the car. Our car was broken into last summer, and the thieves pushed aside the more expensive Garmin GPS on top of the dash to take the $20 Walmart special dashcam.

Tags
dash