Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #267

The WiFi system will work as well as the Bandwidth you pay for No hardware can get more out of limited bandwidth.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2020, 05:45 AM   #268

I use a pep wave pep kink with a grand fathered sims card that is unlimited. Contact livinlite. Net for more info
callites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:51 AM   #269

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Re DirectTV (DTV) DNS. Mine just got turned back on for East and West. Last month I emailed DTV and asked to have my DNS turned back on. Next day I got an email with the forms. The forms just asked for a picture of the RV registration and confirmation of the receivers, addresses, etc. Simple. I emailed the form back and 2 days later a nice lady called and confirmed my info. 2 days later I got an email that everything was approved and the procedure was to cancel my old account and give me a new number with same package at same price (plus the DNS cost). Later that day they DNS channels were activated. Easy process and both agents I talked to were super.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:28 AM   #270

good for you, took me 6 months to get my DNS turned back on. Same process, except never talked who knew what was going on.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:36 AM   #271

Dns

Did you also get ABC and CW channels? Please share the Directv email address
callites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #272

No ABC or CW on DNS - also we get free TV in the park from Dish no ABC there either.

The way I went to get this started to get it fixed was I clicked on the "Traveler Package" on the Directv link and thats how ir was resolved
Old 08-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #273

Spartan Chassis
What was the email address you used to contact DirecTV? I can't find anything on their site. Thanks....
ROFCIBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:18 AM   #274

directv.com and it now logs you in thru att
Old 08-05-2020, 07:07 AM   #275

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by callites View Post
Did you also get ABC and CW channels? Please share the Directv email address
I DO get ABC east/west but not CW. I think I remember her saying that ABC just came back.

I wrote them via the DTV/ATT website
Old 08-05-2020, 08:43 AM   #276

Spartan Chassis
Direct TV & DNS Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
directv.com and it now logs you in thru att
Did that, got through to DirecTV site via AT&T account.

Can't find anything about DNS or what used to be the LDS.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:36 AM   #277

I had to go thru a "traveler tab" wound up communicating, who send me to support who than sent me to the DNS group.
Right now I am sitting in the Phoenix are and talked to Dish on Monday. So after buying (kid could sell ice to the Eskimos) the total package, I still do not have an acceptable person to install it. Camping World yes they would charge me to get here, A RV place that charge me $100 to fix what they had broken and the last one. A place that has not installed a satellite dish in over 5 years, by 2 guys who do it on the "side"
All I wanted was to let someone who knows what they are doing work on this $400K coach
Old 06-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I really don't get it... If local feeds are "on a beam" why won't the rv system just pick up whatever "local beam" you are in?
Local channels are on SPOT beams and can only be received in a small area. This allows the satellite company to reuse a transponder for a distant area. Los Angeles and New York are on CONUS beams that allow you to receive them anywhere in North America.
K4LK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 01:27 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4LK View Post
Local channels are on SPOT beams and can only be received in a small area. This allows the satellite company to reuse a transponder for a distant area. Los Angeles and New York are on CONUS beams that allow you to receive them anywhere in North America.
Actually New York and LA are Conus only ffor DNS users and not generally available. But there are other Conus beama in the US.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:07 AM   #280

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
Actually New York and LA are Conus only ffor DNS users and not generally available. But there are other Conus beama in the US.
The "DNS", or what was "LDN" (Long Distance Networks) back the day were the only way to get networks on DirecTV no matter where you were. The major networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) were available on two sets of feeds, New York (East) and Los Angeles (West).

Some time later what was called then DNS was discontinued, BUT if you had it, you were "Grandfathered" in. It cost $3.50/month for each network. I had this service when it first was offered back in the mid 90s (I think....). You had to send a copy of your RV registration to prove you had one!

In July 2020 they were discontinued for everyone, including we who were grandfathered in. AT&T put out a bullshit reason about the Congress not renewing some statute. I called my Congressman and said AT&T and lobbied to get rid of it so the statute was allowed to expire. Just more of the crap AT&T has done to DirecTV since they bought it.

I'm seriously thinking about switching to Dish as I believe they have a system that allows inputting a zip-code and getting networks.

I've had DirecTV since 1994 but their service has gone to **** in a hand basket since AT&T took it over