Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
Well I have never had a problem since 1995, like I said that's why dad got it back then so mom could have TV and so could we could too on the road, and I have had it since 2002 using it the same way.

I got bought up because I been having problems with the SD DVR, I told them it didn't work right on any dish at the house, motorhome, hunting camp then they said that it shouldn't work for one place to the other without disconnecting the ones not in use.

In 2002, I had 3 house, 2 motorhome, and 1 hunting camp that were labeled that on the bill, In fact the hunting camp/motorhome one is labeled camp/rv
F239141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F239141 View Post
Well I have never had a problem since 1995, like I said that's why dad got it back then so mom could have TV and so could we could too on the road, and I have had it since 2002 using it the same way.

I got bought up because I been having problems with the SD DVR, I told them it didn't work right on any dish at the house, motorhome, hunting camp then they said that it shouldn't work for one place to the other without disconnecting the ones not in use.

In 2002, I had 3 house, 2 motorhome, and 1 hunting camp that were labeled that on the bill, In fact the hunting camp/motorhome one is labeled camp/rv
That's your problem. Don't tell them where the receivers are. If you're having a problem with one of them, only call them when you're at the official service address and don't ever mention the other locations.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
Well that's what I did, I said fine, I will use rabbit ears on the road from now on and keep them all at home
Old 07-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F239141 View Post
Well that's what I did, I said fine, I will use rabbit ears on the road from now on and keep them all at home
Old 07-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
Well I hope all others read this and take note of it.

Im sure if God Sam or FMCA did a article on this they would change their mind in a heart beat
Old 07-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #20

Silence is golden. My bedroom receiver doesn't care when it travels in the coach.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Still better than dragging that Comcast cable all over the country...
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
We have had DNS service for years without having a separate RV account.
Rick
Rick

How did you get DNS, (Distant Network Stations), without a DTV "RV Account"?

In 2005, when I signed up for DNS, I had to send DTV a copy of my RV registration and sign a affidavit stating that I have a dish permanently attached to that RV and that I will not use any receiver on my DNS account anywhere other than in my RV.
Since that time I have been receiving both E coast & W coast DNS stations.

Currently, you can get ONLY either east OR west feeds.... it is not your choice, (which you will get is based solely on the account address).

BOTH east coast and west coast DNS stations are no longer available, (unless, like me, you are "grandfathered" in because of your original written agreement with DTV).
However, I do pay more because I chose to retain both E & W, (we travel coast to coast).

Mel
'96 Safari, KingDome antenna
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
That's your problem. Don't tell them where the receivers are. If you're having a problem with one of them, only call them when you're at the official service address and don't ever mention the other locations.
Also, never....I repeat NEVER....connect a DTV receiver to a phone line.
AND never tell them ANYTHING...
(Remember the old saying, "Secrecy is the best policy").

Even posting here is probably not the best idea!
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #24

I recently received a "updated terms of service" that basically restated the fine print from the previous terms. DTV doesn't really care where "your" receivers are, as long as "you" are using them. What they are trying to enforce (and righfully so) is one account for you AND your friends/neighbors who don't live at the same address.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Well I hope all others read this and take note of it.
Note is. No need to tell them your are using the receivers in 3 locations at the same time. Or even 2 locations.

I have 4 receivers in my MH I'm using now in MO. and none at the FL. billing address. I have both E & W DNS on a non RV account.

But on my on line account they are listed as.
RV Outside RV Front RV Bedroom RV Middle
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #26

Ours is the same. We have separate receivers in the motorhome, listed on DTV as motorhome locations. We have had service issues with a couple of the motorhome receivers and there has never been a question. DTV does not care, and their terms of service do not say anything about not changing locations.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What they do say......

Is that two permanant addresses being used concurrently is prohibited. It's the only way they can protect themselves from theft of service.

RVs are classified as 'travelers' even if they never move by DTV.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well having been with Directv as long as you said, you should know how to work with them and their idiosyncracties. Don't confuse them with fancy words like r.v., travel, portable dish, etc. After two years of full timing I use terns like mailing address, service address (the house I sold two years ago) and location. Though I have to admit the latter is rarely given to them.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote