Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2020, 07:23 AM   #57

We are getting ready to travel south for the winter. I called DirecTV to see if I could reinstall DNS. I was told that on October 22, all DNS would be discontinued and suggested I use streaming which is not a satisfactory solution for me. Just another reason to discontinue DirecTV.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #58

I just checked this am, I still have Fox, NBC, CBS, but no ABC on our DNS.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:01 AM   #59

I was wrong, not the first time. Kept saying looking for a game or some such
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:23 PM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to TXwannabe
Well, to add my 2 cents, we’ve been stationary near SanDiego since Oct 1. We have DNS with the NY channels. About a week ago, 396 (ABC) started giving message 271, channel not subscribed. All the other NY locals were fine. Chatted w/DTV, fixed the issue. A couple days later, issue repeats. Chat again, tech support fixes issue. Yesterday, issue again. Chat again, fixed. Today, had to chat twice, fixed each time, obviously only a temporary fix.
Last rep tells me the issue isn’t just with me (first one to say that) and that the high level tech people are trying to fix a ‘broadcast issue’ with ABC-NY. Allegedly, it will take several hours to resolve. Just checked, still don’t have channel 396.
Will check again tomorrow to see if fixed, or what next steps may be.
TXwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:50 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was a DNS user, but went with "locals" for the Washington DC area. I'll be RVing to Savannah for the winter. Anyone know if my local beam (for the DC area) can be received in the Savannah area?
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:40 PM   #62

Not likely- too far away.
gandl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 05:45 AM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Washington DC locals

I believe I read somewhere that the spot beam for locals is a 300 mile diameter?
We are currently in Port Aransas, TX with San Antonio, TX locals, which are working fine, but I'm likely near my limit?
Old 12-27-2020, 05:48 AM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Original issue....

BTW, still having the original issue with 396, going on a couple of months. Even received a new Genie from DTV, but that didn't solve the issue. Sometimes 396 is fine but mostly I get message ”channel not subscribed.”
Old 12-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TXwannabe: I'll be departing DC soon with a stop in Fayetteville NC...which will test the "300 mile" assumption. We'll see.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #66

Interesting--San Antonio is our home base--locals work in Corpus and Port A to the south and amazingly, Van Horn [400 miles] to the west....not as familiar with the north and east boundaries but seems to be around 200 to the north. We don't use DSN option so not an issue to lose it--do wonder what will eventually happen to Direct though????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 02:04 PM   #67

Deleted by user...
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:22 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well, my "DC" spot beam still worked at Fayetteville NC (at 300 miles) but not functional at Savannah GA (almost 600 miles). OTA channels now being watched/recorded via Channel Master Stream+ device. Won't be here long enough to go thru the hassle to get AT&T to change my "locals".
Old 01-16-2021, 10:27 AM   #69

TV service/Internet Service

I'm not sure where I should post this, so, please be kind and steer me correctly.

We have been stationary for the last four years, and are ready to get out. Things have changed quite a bit. Long story.

Bottom line, we are trying to figure out which is the best way to have internet and TV. We don't always like to park in campgrounds or parks. We prefer a fair amount of dry-camping.

Help? Suggestions? We feel like we are starting all over again!

Thank you!
MobyDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:47 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For internet and TV, clearly it's a function of how much you're willing to pay on a monthly basis. But how about this as a minimum: You have cell phone(s) now I guess. so using one both of the phones as a "hotspot" means that in most areas of the US, you'll have interent...albeit not all that fast (ie., to slow for streaming movies or TV shows). Your cell-phone "plan" may have data limits...in which case you might seek a different plan.

As for TV, Over-The-Air (OTA) transmitted stations (when within range of TV transmitters) costs nothing. If you would like to watch these shows at your leisure, $350 can purchase a Tivo "Edge" (OTA DVR...with a lifetime Tivo license). If you want "cable", maybe the campground offers this. Cable-like services (Dish/DirecTV) allows you to be more mobile and stay in remote areas. $100/month and up...along with purchase of the satellite dish and satellite receiver.

Hope this provides some basics.

Tags
directv, service