Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2020, 08:47 PM   #1

DirecTv Losing Satellites? Finally?

A lot of talk over the last year regarding DTV eliminating (or something like that) some satellites leaving some of us with limited access

I have a OLD KVH Sat and pretty much obsolete boxes (sat is about 16 years old and D100 boxes)

I have never had an issue with signals until this week.

I now have an extended period of time searching for satellites and have lost many stations. Also while performing the sat signal check I have a lot of 0s where normally I'm consistently in the high 80s-90s

Is it possible this is a result of the DTV changes that were rumored months ago?

or maybe a issue with my old equipment?

Anybody else experience the same?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I had a KVH on my last DS. I was with Dish and about 3 years ago it was no longer able to use satellites. I guess the same thing is happening to DTV.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:45 PM   #3

My stuff still working the same.....probably your old receiver.....I went to a H-24, cause I don't record.....been using a portable King Flex since 2012....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:13 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
I think it is your equipment. I just checked and standard definition channels are still being broadcast. I have a H23 that can do standard or HD channels. Switched to Standard and all the normal channels were playing. time to upgrade anyway, it should not be to long for them to end standard. Good luck.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies... I'll check my connections, etc.. Maybe time for an upgrade.

I've been threatening to dump DTV for years!

Gonna go Dish for the RV next time around
Old 10-24-2020, 06:03 PM   #6

DirecTV is phasing out SD services from their main 101ºW satellite, so your old equipment is certainly obsolete. If you want to stick with DirecTV you'll need to upgrade your dish to something like a Winegard Trav'ler and your Receivers to modern HD DVRs/Receivers.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:03 PM   #7

Hello Everyone,

The only reason I have kept Direct TV is because of the complete NFL package. My coach is a 2004 Dutch Star and my complete satellite system is 16y/o. I have not had any problems with connecting to a satellite or receiving all of the ordered channels. I have however had a problem staying connected to the satellite from approximately 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm, the signal cuts in and out throughout this time period. The sun is usually directly over the coach at this point.

Just put in a residential refrigerator I truly hope this satellite system can hang in there until football season is over.

Tee & Gigi
ggags58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directv, satellite