Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2020, 08:27 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Directv service address

We had DNS for years but now that it is gone, can anyone tell me what I need to do to change my service address. We just arrived in Yuma this afternoon and would like to see some of the network shows. Any specific number or department to call?
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2020, 08:58 PM   #2

Numbers I have.....Activate 1 800 388 6597.......and tech support 1 800 288 2020........when I was there, could get the networks using the antenna....from Phoenix....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:25 PM   #3

att and direct have finnally learned how to do this after 4 years of trying. I did it twice this summer. DTV move. 888-388-6686. one call one operater. service address and zip code. local stations.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:14 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
DNS isn't gone. It is back. We have East and West. I can't get to the info but search this forum and the procedures are described.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:43 AM   #5

You just call them and change your service address. Lots of people have multiple homes. Don't mention RV's or DNS. Be careful not to change your billing address.

To do what you want to do you have to choose a service address that has the west coast or east coast national feeds. For the east coast any address that receives the NYC channels as its locals, such as the NYC metro area like New Jersey. Many use the Liberty Landing RV park's address as their service address. The county is Hudson if they ask you when you call. The east coast feed, which is on sat #101, will work in all the lower 48 states. If you don't want your TV on eastern time, find an address in the LA area and use it. That will be the west coast feed and your TV will be on Pacific time.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #6

Ditto, we still have DNS and the channels are back.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:12 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
att and direct have finnally learned how to do this after 4 years of trying. I did it twice this summer. DTV move. 888-388-6686. one call one operater. service address and zip code. local stations.
That number gets me nothing but canned messages trying to sell me medical alert devices and "free" roadside service.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
This morning when I was able to change my service address things have gone downhill badly. I waited about 3 hours and all the network stations for Portland Oregon disappeared which I expected as I moved my service address to Yuma AZ. Problem is though that I never saw any network stations which I suspect would be out of Phoenix. Next call got me someone who stated that Yuma is in an area that is not authorized to receive network stations. No help there.

Next I investigated the fact that some of you are now getting DNS again and was told that is not available in this area.

Next I tried to cancel service and was transferred to another number which promptly disconnected.

If I could reach out through the phone I would strangle someone.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:13 PM   #9

I have been doing what I suggested in post # 5 since 2002. No hassle.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:37 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
I have been doing what I suggested in post # 5 since 2002. No hassle.
I even tried using a zip code for LA and got the same song and dance that it did not include local channels.

After bitching up a storm I finally got a guy who promised he would be the last person I would have to talk to who went back and forth between his supervisor and me. Latest is they are giving me a $16 a month credit for the next six months and also hooking back up my DNS channels. DNS will supposedly take 3 to 5 days to implement so will wait and see if it really happens.

Seems like the only way to get any help is to just say you want to cancel service.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill767 View Post
Ditto, we still have DNS and the channels are back.

Are you on a DirecTV or ATT account? And are you full time? Trying to determine the parameters for getting DNS back.
gandl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
I even tried using a zip code for LA and got the same song and dance that it did not include local channels.

After bitching up a storm I finally got a guy who promised he would be the last person I would have to talk to who went back and forth between his supervisor and me. Latest is they are giving me a $16 a month credit for the next six months and also hooking back up my DNS channels. DNS will supposedly take 3 to 5 days to implement so will wait and see if it really happens.

Seems like the only way to get any help is to just say you want to cancel service.

Trying to get my DNS channels back also. Have been told that’s not possible. What number did you call?
gandl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:06 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandl2 View Post
Trying to get my DNS channels back also. Have been told that’s not possible. What number did you call?
Others have posted that they have been able to get DNS but I am not sure how. I lost all locals when I changed service address to Yuma and had lost DNS I believe in June. After being transferred all over and being disconnected several times I became furious and called 800-531-5000 and kept saying I wanted to drop Directv. after explaining what I had gone through they said they would restore my DNS since there are no local channels for Yuma. Three to five days to restore so time will tell. Have been a Directv customer for at least 15 years. We are not full time but do have homes in Oregon and in Yuma plus the Motorhome. I suspect it depends on who you talk to as some of the people just said can't be done. Others seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. All sounded like they were from maybe India. One gave me the phone number for Winegard Dish network install.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandl2 View Post
Are you on a DirecTV or ATT account? And are you full time? Trying to determine the parameters for getting DNS back.
We lost them at first, when they announced they were going away. We figured we'd reluctantly have to go to Dish, and then they slowly got things squared away and all but ABC came back, and now ABC is back as well. Yes, we are full time, but we didn't do anything but wait and back they came.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directv, service