Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 07:06 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Dish for Dummy !

Dumped DTV after 20 yrs- We now Stream at Home and are Happy with this.
Motorhome: I have a Winegard RMDM 46-(with Elevation finder)-Single Coax IN to DTV box - out to DVD player --Out to A/B SW for front and Rear TV's--All with Coax cable.
Wingard tells me that My RMDM46 will work for HD and suggested the VIP211Z receiver--I understand the connections but my A/B box is Coax input for Front and Rear TV's,
Please advise me for the simplest way to change this over and offer any suggestions and directions (prints) and Parts I need get this operational.

Thanks
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 07:37 AM   #2

Have not done this yet - but been looking at an HDMI IN to coax OUT convertor to plug into one of the inputs of our coach coax distribution panel.

Now we can plug a DVD player or Firestick or Roku or whatever has an HDMI output into the convertor.
This assumes the TV’s all have coaxial inputs and are digital capable. I don’t s works for any older tube type analog TV’s as I’m thinking the convertor output is digital, hitch all aTV’s are today.

The coax doesn’t care what the signal is, and you generally don’t need 4K resolution for your coaches TV’s (if newer flat screens).

Another approach is getting WiFi capable TV’s, a WiFi hotspot (I’m using a NetGear LB-1121), with a good data plan (I’m using TT&T), and a cheap ASUS router (I’m using an NT-300).
Plug the hotspot into the router, setup the router with good security - turn on TV’s and connect to router.

We watch YouTubeTV, Pluto TV, Plex, Netflix, Amazon Prime movies, etc., etc. and don’t have to deal with a parks RV - as long as we have good AT&T cell service.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:12 AM   #3

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to do, but if you are looking for the simplest way to get an HD signal from your receiver box to your coach tvs without stringing HDMI cables, you could try one of these HDMI wireless extenders:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one for my previous trailer, but we sold it and our new one has HDMI connections from the entertainment center to both TVs so I never tried it out.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:14 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Will the RMDM 46 work with Dish, maybe but it will be complicated. That antenna is a single LNB type. Dish network transmits signals on three different satellites so that means every time you change to a channel or signal on a different satellite you will have to retune the antenna. That technology is seriously outdated and you would be better off getting an automatic dome carryout antenna that you can either use as a carryout or mount to the roof. For just a bit more you can get a triple LNB antenna like the Winegard Trav'ler or the RF Mogul.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Will the RMDM 46 work with Dish, maybe but it will be complicated. That antenna is a single LNB type. Dish network transmits signals on three different satellites so that means every time you change to a channel or signal on a different satellite you will have to retune the antenna. That technology is seriously outdated and you would be better off getting an automatic dome carryout antenna that you can either use as a carryout or mount to the roof. For just a bit more you can get a triple LNB antenna like the Winegard Trav'ler or the RF Mogul.
I vote for that option
It’s a small price to pay for a system that will work flawlessly for you.

Tags
dish