Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #1

Dish Network, Here we Go Again!

We have been moving around in the state of Florida quite a bit. The last several times without exception, the services link, to manage local channels fails without an error code, try again later.

Is anyone else seeing this? Everytime we move I have to call in and have the local channels updated. Even though I called it in several times, the agents have no record of the fact that I called it in. They say it is a general issue and fail to provide any information regarding a fix time frame.

I have gone through all of the "normal motions". Delete the APP and reinstall it. The issue is APP related according to the rep I spoke with today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210510-164845_MyDISH.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	327882  
BroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2021, 03:07 PM   #2

Could be the GPS sensor in your phone. Have you tried something like Google Maps to see if it can find your location? You might try shutting your phone down and restarting it. I know sometimes when apps don't work correctly this straightens things out. Especially on an Android phone.

I just checked the My DISH app on my phone and it worked perfectly.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #3

I get that code all of the time changing location, but the locals come in after it anyway.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:01 PM   #4

Are you guys using the pay as you go Dish plan, or are you using a receiver linked to your home Dish account?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #5

No home receiver. We are not pay as you go. I have rebooted the phone, and done the basic debug of clearing cache etc. on the APP. The agent I spoke with today indicated they have an issue.
BroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #6

I used to get the code after the channel changes but now it happens earlier before I get to see what the new channels will be.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:32 PM   #7

Pay as you go here, Dish Outdoors plan.

Try switching locals, let it crash and open the App again to see the locals.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:05 AM   #8

I just logged into the app. As soon as I click on "Manage Locals" it crashes. I can review the current local channels but it seems there is nothing I can do about them.
Tomorrow we move again to the East Coast. I suspect the locals will change so I will see what happens.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:46 AM   #9

Dropped Local Stations

We found that if we want to watch local stations we just use our antenna. We had trouble connecting thru Dish so started using the Antenna. It also saves some money. So far we havenít had a problem with this method.

2021 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35cp, 2014 Cadillac SRX toad
36PFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:47 AM   #10

Dropped Local Stations

We found that if we want to watch local stations we just use our antenna. We had trouble connecting thru Dish so started using the Antenna. It also saves some money. So far we havenít had a problem with this method!!!

2021 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35cp, 2014 Cadillac SRX toad
36PFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:04 PM   #11

Indeed we frequently use the OTA option as there are a couple of channels like DABL that the S.O. enjoys and they are not available on DISH. At least we have not seen them there. However there are several networks that we enjoy via Dish (and DirecTV in the past) in HD.

If DirecTV supported HD with the Winegard In Motion we'd jump ship to DirecTV. I am still considering an upgrade to the Travelr antenna and DirecTv.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:06 PM   #12

I have the My Dish app on my iPad and cannot see where I can update my locals. Can someone give me a click by click suggestion as to how to navigate thru the app to update my locals? I hate having to call and talk to the customer service people who never seem to understand what I want to do.
LatriceMFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatriceMFR View Post
I have the My Dish app on my iPad and cannot see where I can update my locals. Can someone give me a click by click suggestion as to how to navigate thru the app to update my locals? I hate having to call and talk to the customer service people who never seem to understand what I want to do.
As far as I know, the APP is only for those who have the Dish Outdoor Plan. If you are like me and using your home Dish Network contract with a added receiver, you have to either call or 'Chat' with your friendly Dish "expert". I use the chat feature and if I connect during a slow time for them the conversation goes fast and 95% of the time I get locals popup on the screen within 5 minutes.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:51 PM   #14

We are using an addition receiver box in our rig linked to our home account. So what happens with the home receiver when locals get updated. Do they change or just become disabled at home?
LatriceMFR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish