Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2021, 05:48 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzabc View Post
Hopefully all of you with a Wally are aware it can be turned on and off, saving you some dough. Customer service rep explained if the rig is sitting, parked, call and have it turned off. If you go out for a week, call and have it turned on. You are charged only for the time it is activated. Been doing that for a few years and saved more than enough to cover what I paid for all the equipment.
My cost is $5/mo for it to sit inactive and that negates the hassle of having to call and get it turned on and off. We just leave it be.
Nlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2021, 06:09 AM   #44

Dish network

I don’t know if you have ave noticed the amount of commercials that are on the dish network! It seems like there is no difference between over the air tv and one that cost me over $100 a month!

My motorhome has a dish antenna mounted on top from the previous owners but we have not put the receiver in. I’m not sure if are going to. I would cancel the home dish if it weren’t for the grandson watching kid shows.

I stopped watching football when the kneeling during the national anthem thing started and noticed how productive my time got. Now I read books, manuals etc. I now realize how unproductive the time “vegging out” in front of the tube is. Frankly a lot of what is on tv now is a waste of time. I refuse to get the unit in the mh as we are “camping”. Get out there and enjoy life!

RV safe
Scooter
Scooter363y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:36 AM   #45

Dish

VERY well said Scooter😎
rikadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:17 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter363y View Post
I don’t know if you have ave noticed the amount of commercials that are on the dish network! It seems like there is no difference between over the air tv and one that cost me over $100 a month!

RV safe
Scooter

No difference between getting 4 or 5 local channels or 250+ local and cable channels?
Smh.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:42 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
No difference between getting 4 or 5 local channels or 250+ local and cable channels?
Smh.
LOL at 250+ channels. Most are junk.

I'm ditching dish. I find myself watching channels that I can pick up on an antenna most of the time I'm watching dish.

SMH
Old 09-28-2021, 05:15 PM   #48

I switched from Directv to Streaming with Sling and a Fire Stick. I pay $37.00 a month I have everything I want. I got tired of calling Directv every 1 or 2 years and asking for a discount.
franklin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:53 PM   #49

What is a 'wally' and do i need one?

Hello All You experienced irv2 users. I can barely figure out how to post a reply. So, we ordered the mh with a Winegard satellite dish for Dish HD tv. I have no clue how to get Dish tv to work in the thing. thanks to all of you.
lynnlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:53 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishar View Post
LOL at 250+ channels. Most are junk.

I'm ditching dish. I find myself watching channels that I can pick up on an antenna most of the time I'm watching dish.

SMH
Most is not all. The ones I like to watch are not junk.
Carry on.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:05 PM   #51

We gave up Dish TV and Direct TV several years ago. We had one for 2 years and the other for 2 years at the house and had a receiver and separate dish antenna for the camper. We eventually purchased a Tailgater (antenna) which worked very nice.

But both companies did exactly the same thing when our initial contract ended. Prices jacked up to an uncomfortable and unacceptable price. Eventually, we canceled everything and just stuck to over-the-air television. About 2 years ago we discovered internet television, and if we can't get it "over-the-air" we now use the many, many, many options available with internet movies, videos, and programs. We have a Visible unlimited internet and a portable wireless router to connect multiple devices. The cost of the Visible is $40 a month for us, and that is truely unlimited internet data. We've had absolutely no problems with Visible, as we use it for our work computers also. Being on the road almost full time this year, it's been great using it.

The other problem with Direct and Dish ... there was never anything new. It was always the same repeating stuff. And for every 1 minute of viewing, there was 5 minutes of commercials. We decided to stop PAYING for commercial and just get commercials "free" over the air.

Our world has simplified and no longer any hassles.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:21 PM   #52

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnlie View Post
Hello All You experienced irv2 users. I can barely figure out how to post a reply. So, we ordered the mh with a Winegard satellite dish for Dish HD tv. I have no clue how to get Dish tv to work in the thing. thanks to all of you.
Lynnlie, you are posting to a price increase thread.

You will get more response if you start a new thread with your question.

You are in the right forum, just start a new thread
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:57 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSpor View Post

The other problem with Direct and Dish ... there was never anything new. It was always the same repeating stuff. And for every 1 minute of viewing, there was 5 minutes of commercials.

Sorry, but this is a flat out lie.

And how are you folks Wifi streaming every day all month when the rest of us in a park don't get enough bandwidth to do the same?

I get 15 gb a month 4G on my phone hotspot. That doesn't last very long.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:13 AM   #54

Marshaling. You are using an illegal IPTV service. They are stealing content and re selling. You have no idea who is behind this service. Nor is your cc info secure.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:16 AM   #55
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnlie View Post
Just go to the Dish website and select the package you want. The Wally is a basic receiver that folks use in their RVs when they have Dish in their homes with a Hopper receiver. You'll probably want to buy an external hard drive for the Wally to give it DVR capability. You don't have to buy the hard drive from Dish. Almost any modern hard drive will work, but I seem to remember that there is a limit on the capacity. You can call Dish and ask to speak to the Dish Outdoors group for all the info on using it in your RV.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:39 AM   #56

I've been with Dish for 18 years. Until I started full-timing 7 years ago, I had it in both my house and the RV. My first Dish bill was $65. My latest was $117. Pretty reasonable price increases over 18 years!

I have had only one 2-year contract (the first 2 years to get a special price locked in for two years.) When it expired, they raised the price $10/month - which was reasonable since that's what they charged normally.

Customer service - with only one exception - has been outstandingly excellent over the years.

I travel with a wife who says, "No TV, no travel." And you know what they say, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy." $117 per month - pretty cheap way to keep Momma happy!

To all those whining about how bad Dish is - Get a life. It ain't that bad!
Dave Dopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish