Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #1

Downloading/installing Adobe & Java problems

Firefox keeps posting a message that I need to upgrade pluggins Adobe Flash and Java. But when I click download on either of them I get the box to click either Save or Cancel. Either one and nothing else occurs. In the past anytime I downloaded a program it would state that the install would happen the next time the Browser was opened.

Am I doing something wrong, or not doing something I should be doing to get the updates on these two plugins completed?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #2

You may need to disable cookies to enable download. Some updates to Security may have blocks set up that you do not recognize
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
sometimes this is a website issue. as i have a customer who goes to a gaming site, always problems with it related to jave. go to same website an use chrome and see if get same problem. or delete jave an then instal it again.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had to "update" our adobe flash player on my Windows 7 machine as the wife could not watch IP (comcast) videos. I installed the update but nada. A search returned instructions from Adobe to download an uninstaller (very small file). Apparently the update did not remove the older version. All is good now.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playtime III View Post
I had to "update" our adobe flash player on my Windows 7 machine as the wife could not watch IP (comcast) videos. I installed the update but nada. A search returned instructions from Adobe to download an uninstaller (very small file). Apparently the update did not remove the older version. All is good now.
Can you expand a little on how/where you downloaded an uninstaller? I've tried going to Uninstall Programs and uninstalling all Adobe Flash Player programs but I still can't get Adobe Flash Player to start it's download. Nothing seems to happen anytime I click on Save when asked "would you like to save this file".
I've tried all this on both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, same results on both.
Appreciate any help as I have run out of options in my limited knowledge of these computers.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
There is a manual method for updating add-ons for FF

Go to;
Tools
Add-Ons

Click on "Check to see if your plugins are up to date"
Click "Update now" on the plugins that are listed as out of date and that you want to update
It will take you to an Adobe page in the case of Flash, follow the instructions and remember for FF, it doesn't automatically run a downloaded file. Some you have to manually run the file that is downloaded by double clicking it.
You can usually find that under "Tools", "Downloads".
Old 12-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #7

Google "uninstaller" a nice little program that can be downloaded "Free" and is "Free-ware" It will uninstall anything for you and then search your files for left over fractions that might cause problems later and eliminate them.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post

Go to;
Tools
Add-Ons

Click "Update now" on the plugins that are listed as out of date and that you want to update
It will take you to an Adobe page in the case of Flash, follow the instructions and remember for FF, it doesn't automatically run a downloaded file. Some you have to manually run the file that is downloaded by double clicking it.
Sirpurcival is correct.
Also:
The updates may only happen if you already have those add-ons. If you do not, then click on the button "Get Add-ons" and add them that way. Just add the word "Java," or "Adobe" to the "Search all add-ons" space and search. After adding click on the button "Plug-ins" and check gto see if they are there and if they are activated.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzyblueye View Post
Google "uninstaller" a nice little program that can be downloaded "Free" and is "Free-ware" It will uninstall anything for you and then search your files for left over fractions that might cause problems later and eliminate them.
I already have the "Uninstaller" program loaded but I can't even get it to uninstall Advanced SystemCare5 (since i already have SystemCare6 installed). When it finishes Creating System Restore Point I get the message "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare5\unis000.msg" is missing. Please correct this problem.

SystemCare5 is supposed to be missing since I want it gone, but it is still showing up on the list of programs to be uninstalled just above SystemCare6.

Being such a novice computer user I have all sorts of trouble getting anything to work like is suggested.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post

Go to;
Tools
Add-Ons

Thanks for all the instructions for installing Adobe Flash. Didn't realize FF could be such a pain in the posterior just to get a plugin updated. Spent all evening going through the download, all the steps for the installation, waiting for it all to take place, only to get a message that the Installation Failed - Please start over. I give up for now.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:36 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ff has always been a pain in @s. chrome is so much smoother, quicker, an less problems.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #12
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And I don't seem to have any problems installing or removing software. Hmmm!

Unfortunately Windows does not go a good job of cleaning the registry. What you are seeing as a name "Advanced SystemCare5" may be nothing more than that, a left over in the registry and all the programming associated with it is deleted. To get rid of those annoying left overs it is necessary to run a good registry editor/cleaner program and it will clear up a lot of issues and especially the programs that are no longer supposed to be there.

Just ignoring it should not harm anything than your sanity.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I already have the "Uninstaller" program loaded but I can't even get it to uninstall Advanced SystemCare5 (since i already have SystemCare6 installed). When it finishes Creating System Restore Point I get the message "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare5\unis000.msg" is missing. Please correct this problem.

SystemCare5 is supposed to be missing since I want it gone, but it is still showing up on the list of programs to be uninstalled just above SystemCare6.

Being such a novice computer user I have all sorts of trouble getting anything to work like is suggested.
I can guide you to a good freeware utility software site if you want to PM me. There are a couple of apps that make getting rid of those leftover entries pretty easy.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #14

Appreciate all the help and suggestions. I think I'll wait till after the holidays to delve further into my problems as I've spent enough time at the computer now and taken so much of all your time here at the end of the year when it seems there is so much other stuff that needs our attention.
Thanks again you'all.

Tags
install