Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Droid Incredible with pda Net ?

I just bought a Droid Incredible and have purchased the pda Net tethering software. After doing all the installations on both the phone and computer, I am still not able to successfully connect to the internet. My laptop is running windows XP and I have read the pda Net problems page but I still get a small window that pops up an says unable to detect internet connection on your Android phone. The phone itself does have the ability to connect to the internet so I know I have a good connection there. Any ideas?

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I just bought a Droid Incredible and have purchased the pda Net tethering software. After doing all the installations on both the phone and computer, I am still not able to successfully connect to the internet. My laptop is running windows XP and I have read the pda Net problems page but I still get a small window that pops up an says unable to detect internet connection on your Android phone. The phone itself does have the ability to connect to the internet so I know I have a good connection there. Any ideas?

Sammie
Sammie, go to the pda.net icon on your phone open and enable it if you have not done that. Also you will see a small phone icon on your computer click on it for status. I have the droid x and this application works great.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sammie, please keep us posted when you figure it out. I am planning to buy a Droid Incredable in the next few weeks and would like to have the info.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I finally got the tethering working after some fumbling around. I had to E-mail pda Net and it was an easy fix for my problem. My laptop seems to be working great and reasonably fast here at home. The real test will be when I go camping next time out.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote