Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #1

I have a Dish network model 625 reciever. It is a dual reciever and DVR. Currently with a special LNB and fitting inside I can use this with a tripod mounted dish 500 and single cable but would like to be able to connect thru dual cables to a roof mounted setup. Currently I believe there is a MV-0099 as original on my '04 Horizon.

I only need stationary viewing and want to know my options to replace the existing roof dish.

2016 Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #2

I have a Dish network model 625 reciever. It is a dual reciever and DVR. Currently with a special LNB and fitting inside I can use this with a tripod mounted dish 500 and single cable but would like to be able to connect thru dual cables to a roof mounted setup. Currently I believe there is a MV-0099 as original on my '04 Horizon.

I only need stationary viewing and want to know my options to replace the existing roof dish.

2016 Journey 40R
Old 02-04-2007, 02:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
The MV0099 should have a dual LNB with two output connector on the dish. You will either have to install the second cable or use the stacker & de-stacker discussed in another thread down the page. Good luck and take care.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #4

I checked out my system and find it has a dual LNB but only one cable thru the Center rotating head so I could not add a second. The manual does say for a single reciever.
The stacker/de-stacker is a good idea but would not work without the second output available at the antenna.

2016 Journey 40R
Old 02-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #5

Even the Winegard antennas that have dual LNB's use only one coax cable (in-motion units). To be used for reception of 2 channels you need to add a stacker inside the dome and a de-stacker inside the coach. These did not always work as expected but they did work sometimes. You need to ensure that you are not using 12-volt power for the antenna as some kind of a ground loop is formed and defeats the de-stacker.
If you have a stationary antenna (not an in-motion antenna) and a dual LNB, then there will be a second coax connector under the dome and all you need to do is connect another coax to that post and you will have the second feed that you need.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #6

To use the stacker I need 2 inputs and I cannot get the second output of the LNB because it does not have a connection thru the rotating base.

2016 Journey 40R
Old 02-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #7

Again, if there is a dual LNB inside the dish the Winegard would use the stacker there and then send it to the one coax. This is a hardware add-on and not something you can just plug in. You would need to contact Winegard to see if this option is available for the 0099 and if it does not current exist inside your dome what the costs to add it would be.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
PDB

Winegard did have a Winnebago Recall program where they replaced all the MV0099's with the new Movin On MV3500. No cost to you, they ship the new dish to whereever you want the work done, they pay for all parts & labor.
My 3500 is miles ahead of the old 99. You might check with Winegard and see if it still does it.
Paul

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #9

Thanks I need to check that out.

2016 Journey 40R