Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Community Administrator

DVR install

I Have a Winegard RM-46 rv digital sat system with a crank up dish with two coax oulets. I have a standard DTV connected to one of these oulets. I want to convert it to DVR service. Can that be done with of course a DVR receiver? If so , I assume I will have to run the other cable down to the new receiver. So my question is two fold. Can it be done with this antenna which only has one lnb ( lmb? ) and how do you route this second cable down into an enclosed cabinet next to the TV?

Thanks

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #2

Triple E Owners Club
Have you tried connecting to a ABCD, multiple inputs with one output, switching box. I have a VCR, DVR, Antenna and SAT all tied into a switching box and did not have to pull any wires. As a matter of fact I have two switching boxes. This way the TV in the back can be on a different input then the one on the front.

Amazon.com: 4-In/1-Out AV Selector Switch With Remote (AVs41I): Electronics

This is not the one that I have but should work the same.
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
I Have a Winegard RM-46 rv digital sat system with a crank up dish with two coax oulets. I have a standard DTV connected to one of these oulets. I want to convert it to DVR service. Can that be done with of course a DVR receiver? If so , I assume I will have to run the other cable down to the new receiver. So my question is two fold. Can it be done with this antenna which only has one lnb ( lmb? ) and how do you route this second cable down into an enclosed cabinet next to the TV?

Thanks

Cliff
I have used this model with a DTV DVR on my previuos motorhome. As far as wiring it. I would assume that you would just follow the existing cable? The two coax need to go to the same place to attach to the back of the DVR.

Tony G.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I am using a Directv DVR on a KVH dish with only one coax connected. It works just fine for our use, which is to record a program while we are away from the MH. With only one coax connected you are not able to watch one channel while recording a different channel.

Look at where your cables now go into the roof. Does the cable cover have enough room for another cable? I installed a Winegard in-motion dish on our previous MH and the cover would handle 3 cables, two coaxes and a control cable. If yours will handle another cable just remove it, run the new cable in the same hole and seal it back up. If not then you will need to get a new header cover to run the cable inside the new hole you drill.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install