Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2020, 09:41 PM   #1

E-mail possibly a scam of some sort

I have two e-mail accounts, one on Yahoo Mail and the other Windows mail.
On 5/22 my Windows Mail received a message from Y@HOO!<jdwildlifeservice@Yahoo.com
"Starting on May 24 yahoo customers who have not updated their e-mail account will no longer be able to log into their Yahoo email address.
Kindly use the attachment to update your mail re-login and verify now!"

On 5/28 received the same message from YAHOO!<jmbutler1064@sbcglobal.net but stating it's starting on May 30th.

I always have to re-login on Yahoo Mail anytime I Restart or Log Off the computer, but for Windows Mail I just click on the Windows Mail icon on the start page of my laptop computer-no login involved.

Question here is: Nothing like this has shown up every since I've had this Vista HP laptop so am wondering if any possibility this is some kind of scam. Any thought, ideas, or suggestions as what to do?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2020, 10:07 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes it is a long running scam. Look at the email address it comes from; jdwildlifeservice, jmbutler1064? Ignore them!

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #3

Never click on any attachment. Go to yahoo.com and check your email.
See:https://www.onlinethreatalerts.com/a...hishing-scams/
Old 05-30-2020, 10:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I have two e-mail accounts, one on Yahoo Mail and the other Windows mail.
On 5/22 my Windows Mail received a message from Y@HOO!<jdwildlifeservice@Yahoo.com
"Starting on May 24 yahoo customers who have not updated their e-mail account will no longer be able to log into their Yahoo email address.
Kindly use the attachment to update your mail re-login and verify now!"

On 5/28 received the same message from YAHOO!<jmbutler1064@sbcglobal.net but stating it's starting on May 30th.

I always have to re-login on Yahoo Mail anytime I Restart or Log Off the computer, but for Windows Mail I just click on the Windows Mail icon on the start page of my laptop computer-no login involved.

Question here is: Nothing like this has shown up every since I've had this Vista HP laptop so am wondering if any possibility this is some kind of scam. Any thought, ideas, or suggestions as what to do?
Any email that asks for updating log-in information, provides a link to do so, but fails to suggest that you can also go directly to the company website and by-pass the link, is fake.

If you have any doubt, go directly to the Yahoo site and update your information. DO NOT USE THE EMAIL LINK.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:35 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
NEVER EVER click on a link provided from any unknown or unexpected source. Always look at the full email address if you have any questions. The email/txt may look very real but is bogus. Learn how to expand and view the full headers of your email software. Even in a scam you can see the real source address. Anyone can send you an email using any email address they want in the standard "from:" line, but not in the full header.

Always go to the web site directly yourself to do any verifications, etc and/or call them to see if there is a problem.

Without getting into too many details about Internet security it is far better to type https:// some url opposed to http:// some url. Note the "s" in https. Without the https in the address your web session can still be highjacked and everything thing you see and type is recorded. Just saying....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote