Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #1

FMCA Sprint

Trying to set up the FMCA Sprint MiFi hot spot...my phone hooks up to the mifi unit, but says "connected without wifi"..I thought the hotspot was wifi? Am I missing a setting or something?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2021, 05:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
"connected without wifi"
I think you mean "connected without internet".

That means the wireless connection between the phone and the hotspot is working but the hotspot connecting to the internet over the cellular connection is not working. Hopefully someone more familiar with the MiFi will have some suggestions.
tetranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Did you just get this?

My first thought is that it didn't get setup right when they sent it to you.

Might shut down and pop the battery out and and check to make sure they put the SIM card in correctly.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:41 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Does Sprint/T-Mobile actually have service where you are ?
Aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaadverse View Post
Does Sprint/T-Mobile actually have service where you are ?
So far, pretty good.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:28 AM   #6

My mifi 8800L with Verizon service through fmca but uses same 8800L for sprint service will accationally say this when there isn't any service, then it will pop up all on its own, it's just like it's a wk area or something, but awesome little mifi device for sure. we just switched over to the fmca sprint plan 3 days ago, still waiting on my new 8800L
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:11 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also have the new FMCA Sprint MiFi and cannot get it to work. Same scenario as original post. Additionally, in the menu of the MiFi there is nothing listed for “phone number” and normally there is a number listed that is dedicated to MiFi devices. All the other ones I had in the past had a phone number tied to it. I have been calling FMCA Tech Connect with zero success in getting through so far.
Mathisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #8
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathisw View Post
I also have the new FMCA Sprint MiFi and cannot get it to work. Same scenario as original post. Additionally, in the menu of the MiFi there is nothing listed for “phone number” and normally there is a number listed that is dedicated to MiFi devices. All the other ones I had in the past had a phone number tied to it. I have been calling FMCA Tech Connect with zero success in getting through so far.
It seems like there has been lots of customers having problems with contacting FMCA about this. You might post a message in their forums and it seems like Herman has the backdoor key to kick the IT people in the rear.

From posting there it sounds like several were shipped with the wrong SIM card.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:32 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There has been a reported problem. They are switching to T-Mobile SIMS and the ones they shipped with incorrect settings on the SIM. I got mine about 1 1/2 months ago with Sprint SIMI and works great. The Tech Services from FMCA is not very effective about reach out to customers and keeping them informed.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:36 PM   #10
Happy to be here!

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathisw View Post
Ask for Box 500 when you call FMCA
vyndance is offline   Reply With Quote