Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2021, 03:00 PM   #1

FMCA Sprint

Have the FMCA Sprint mifi...been working great, today lost signal for some reason...haven't moved, it's charged, have moved it around the property, no luck..
Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2021, 07:10 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Have the FMCA Sprint mifi...been working great, today lost signal for some reason...haven't moved, it's charged, have moved it around the property, no luck..
Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?
Call FMCA. Or you could call Sprint and see if the tower has issues.
Aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
I have to occasionally do a factory reset on mine. Itís usually when it shows connected, but no internet. I should probably call to have it replaced, but itís a fairly quick process. Itís under settings.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:05 PM   #4

Mine started acting up about a week ago - used to be 4g, now only 3g. It's a Franklin R910 - can't find the fatory reset option- will keep looking.
johninsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:21 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have an Iphone, yesterday I was using it as a hotspot. It was not a great signal anyway but yesterday it would not connect at all. I couldn't even get on the internet using just the phone. Finally after ~4 hours it connected again.
I did call sprint and talked to s support rep, first thing he said I needed to do was go to a TMobile store and get a new sim card from them. He said my coverage would increase. Has anyone done this?
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonk64 View Post
I have to occasionally do a factory reset on mine. Itís usually when it shows connected, but no internet. I should probably call to have it replaced, but itís a fairly quick process. Itís under settings.
Yup, that did it..thanks for info.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:56 PM   #7

3 wks ago my fmca Verizon contact finally ended so i cancelled immediately and jumped oon tyre fmcs sprint plan. Absolutely love it so far. We have only had it for 3 wks now but we've already burnt up 50 g and not had a problem once and we have changed locations 3x, much better than the Verizon 25g and done plan.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:46 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thinking about getting the FMCA wifi via tech connect and Sprint/Tmobile.

How many Gigabytes a month is it?

Is there a contract ...are you tied to a contract via FMCA?

When there are problems do we have to go through FMCA or can we go straight to Sprint/Tmobile?

Tia
mrcandml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcandml View Post

When there are problems do we have to go through FMCA or can we go straight to Sprint/Tmobile?

Tia
I just signed up a month ago, There's no gig limit but it does state that it can manage you at any point in time but nobody has yet complained about it being to slow at any point that they can't stream. No contact with Sprint or fmca just month to month. You pay a one time fee for the hot spot. The only important thing to remember is to save the box it comes in because you don't own it your renting it and if you cancel it must be returned in original packaging in so many days or you'll get a big fee charge. You don't go through sprint and you just deal with fmca.
Again I'm not a new fmca member but an old Verizon fmca carry over who just changed to sprint t mobile fmca. I used 70 gigs are first month and we never noticed any slow down while streaming and the billing showed up correctly.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:02 AM   #10

Carolina Campers
We have the FMCA Sprint. Occasionally it ďburbsĒ and the settles back but we can use 300-400 gigs a month (I do a lot of work online). And while it was cold outside in Jan-March, we binge watched a lot.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #11
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Tia
https://www.fmca.com/index.php?optio...ctv2&view=home Has all the info you should need. Click the learn more button.

I haven't had mine long enough to form a solid opinion yet but it seems to work fine.

I don't recall if membership in FMCA is required but it stands to reason that it would be required. I decided to join for a couple of years if I decide it doesn't work for me the loss isn't that great.

The MiFi (or at least mine and some others) says something about a 10 gig plan on the unit. I haven't noticed any slowdowns but like I said haven't had long enough yet.

I was reading somewhere that logging into the unit (instructions in manual) you can scroll the settings and change the 10 gig that is shown on the screen to unlimited. It may just be a visual as I doubt that that would be user changeable.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
https://www.fmca.com/index.php?optio...ctv2&view=home Has all the info you should need. Click the learn more button.

I haven't had mine long enough to form a solid opinion yet but it seems to work fine.

I don't recall if membership in FMCA is required but it stands to reason that it would be required. I decided to join for a couple of years if I decide it doesn't work for me the loss isn't that great.

The MiFi (or at least mine and some others) says something about a 10 gig plan on the unit. I haven't noticed any slowdowns but like I said haven't had long enough yet.

I was reading somewhere that logging into the unit (instructions in manual) you can scroll the settings and change the 10 gig that is shown on the screen to unlimited. It may just be a visual as I doubt that that would be user changeable.
YOUR 100% correct. We contacted fmca tech connect support once we un packaged ours and saw 10 gigs. Thats just a factory setting for you to follow your usage, you can go in somehow and change it to whatever you want 100,000, it doesn't affect your plan, it's just a visual usage tool for people who like to look at a bar moving through out the month. I just left mine at 10 gig and just let it be pegged out, i could care less about that since it don't affect anything
Old 06-05-2021, 06:17 PM   #13

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post

The 10 gigs is the default setting. They ship it that way but going into settings can easily fix that.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:19 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:

Tia
I used 800Gig a couple of times when I had it with no issues. I switched to Caylx Institute unlimited Sprint because I wanted to use the plan in a router and didn't need the jet pack. Saved $8 a month.
Aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote