Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2022, 06:59 PM   #43
NXR

[QUOTE=moestermanI have no idea what to put because our account is with FMCA, not T-Mobile.[/QUOTE]

I responded in your other post on this same subject.

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2022, 08:36 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
M2000-64E8 has been great for almost a year...today my phone is saying the password is wrong...
HELP
mrcandml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:27 AM   #45

Was considering adding FMCAs plan then saw this yesterday. Just wanted all to be aware if you weren’t
“ Important changes to Tech Connect Plan since T-Mobile purchased Sprint
After 50GB, you still get unlimited LTE data but may at times notice reduced speeds in areas with network congestion. At T-Mobile unlimited is truly unlimited. No overages or data caps apply on their network. Data prioritization will only be noticeable when you access a congested tower and have used over 50GB of data in a particular billing cycle. You will continue to get unlimited high-speed data on your mobile hotspot when you aren’t accessing a congested tower. In that way it’s different from data throttling, which slows you down for the remainder of your bill cycle regardless of network conditions, all the time. Their policy is also in line with common industry standards for network management, which are designed optimize network performance and service.
We have been receiving calls about members being network managed from snow birds frequenting parts of Florida, Texas, California, and Arizona.”

Didn’t reread entire thread and not sure which was last that saw.
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:36 PM   #46
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF
I'm currently in Bradenton, FL near their Costco and have used 150 GB of data since the 1st, when the plan month starts. I have not been slowed down at all. Yet, of course.

I actually checked earlier today.

Ray
Old 01-26-2022, 11:26 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF View Post
Was considering adding FMCAs plan then saw this yesterday. Just wanted all to be aware if you weren’t

“ Important changes to Tech Connect Plan since T-Mobile purchased Sprint

After 50GB, you still get unlimited LTE data but may at times notice reduced speeds in areas with network congestion. At T-Mobile unlimited is truly unlimited. No overages or data caps apply on their network. Data prioritization will only be noticeable when you access a congested tower and have used over 50GB of data in a particular billing cycle. You will continue to get unlimited high-speed data on your mobile hotspot when you aren’t accessing a congested tower. In that way it’s different from data throttling, which slows you down for the remainder of your bill cycle regardless of network conditions, all the time. Their policy is also in line with common industry standards for network management, which are designed optimize network performance and service.

We have been receiving calls about members being network managed from snow birds frequenting parts of Florida, Texas, California, and Arizona.”

Hi..
Thanks for your reply/update...I was aware of the changes etc but all our other devices work beautifully with the m2000 , as they have all along.
My phone happily uses any of the other available wifi which includes our verizon mifi's...So my problem is my phone's sudden inability to connect via the M2000.
None of the trouble shooting ideas work..
But the M2000/FMCA is a wonderful tool
Tysm
mrcandml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:30 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I'm currently in Bradenton, FL near their Costco and have used 150 GB of data since the 1st, when the plan month starts. I have not been slowed down at all. Yet, of course.

I actually checked earlier today.

Ray
Ray when did you start with them and when did the hard cap start? I’d guess you are grandfathered. Makes me wish I had started a few months ago.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:32 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcandml View Post
Hi..
Thanks for your reply/update...I was aware of the changes etc but all our other devices work beautifully with the m2000 , as they have all along.
My phone happily uses any of the other available wifi which includes our verizon mifi's...So my problem is my phone's sudden inability to connect via the M2000.
None of the trouble shooting ideas work..
But the M2000/FMCA is a wonderful tool
Tysm
I never said it wasn’t. All I posted was trying, albeit seemly failed, to inform other looking at signing up (new plan) that they will be limited
Sorry if I caused any confusion
Old 01-27-2022, 10:05 PM   #50
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekF
Ray when did you start with them and when did the hard cap start? I’d guess you are grandfathered. Makes me wish I had started a few months ago.

A couple of years ago but there is no "grandfathering". It truly does seem to be a problem only in certain areas and at certain times.

There is no hard cap. It's just that T-Mobile has started doing some congestion management that Sprint never did.

The M2000 also is no longer being shipped to FMCA members. It's some Alcatel thing now. The M2000 appears to have been short-lived and maybe an oversight after T-Mobile took over Sprint.

Ray
Old 01-28-2022, 07:08 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
A couple of years ago but there is no "grandfathering". It truly does seem to be a problem only in certain areas and at certain times.

There is no hard cap. It's just that T-Mobile has started doing some congestion management that Sprint never did.

The M2000 also is no longer being shipped to FMCA members. It's some Alcatel thing now. The M2000 appears to have been short-lived and maybe an oversight after T-Mobile took over Sprint.

Ray
Yes I used the wrong word which led to incorrectly on what I posted.
Point still is I posted so others would be aware if unaware.
Have a good a good weekend
Old 01-29-2022, 06:36 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakist View Post
Just signed up a month ago and love it. They shipped the 2000 model. Was just camping in the Shenandoah State Park in Virginia, no verizon service (we have verizon phones), the Sprint/T-Mobile Mifi worked great. Streamed TV to our firestick and used Wifi setting on our phones during the trip.

I also use it at home and since I live in a metropolitan area the signal is very strong (between 150-390 level).

Very impressed and happy with it. Worth every penny.

Well, now the rest of the story. With the transition from Sprint to T-Mobile FMCA sent the Alcatel Linkzone 2 hotspot to replace the Inseego.

What a disappointment. Side-by-side comparison: Inseego 100 Mbps, Alcatel 2.4 Mbps download. Additionally a downgrade from Inseego 5G to Alcatel 4G. What a step backwards.

Anyone happy with their Alcatel and if so, why? Happy travels.
Old 01-29-2022, 03:09 PM   #53

Howdy!

I’ve had the FMCA plan for a few years. Started with the Verizon. Switched to the Sprint and it was great. Back about October last year the Sprint pretty much sopped working. They sent me a new Inseego hotspot. Still didn’t work. I now have the T-Mobile SIM card in it. My location shows I have excellent 4G on the T-Mobile map. I get one bar and very weak signal and speeds on a speed test to and error. I use a WeBoost Sleek boost and it goes up to four out of five bars and still when running a speed test weak signal and or error. Don’t have a clue way. I have a diff time contacting FMCA tech so I’ll try T-Mobile and see if they can help.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:17 AM   #54

Quote:
Well, now the rest of the story. With the transition from Sprint to T-Mobile FMCA sent the Alcatel Linkzone 2 hotspot to replace the Inseego.

What a disappointment. Side-by-side comparison: Inseego 100 Mbps, Alcatel 2.4 Mbps download. Additionally a downgrade from Inseego 5G to Alcatel 4G. What a step backwards.

Anyone happy with their Alcatel and if so, why? Happy travels.
Well, that's disappointing. Sitting here staring at the box of the new Linkzone 2 which just arrived....
Papa Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:10 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Foxtrot View Post
Well, that's disappointing. Sitting here staring at the box of the new Linkzone 2 which just arrived....

Please post your results. I run a speed test every day and it is consistent.... 2.4 Mbps I live in a metropolitan area with strong signals, I'm very anxious that it won't work well (or at all) on the road.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:04 AM   #56

Quote:
Please post your results. I run a speed test every day and it is consistent.... 2.4 Mbps I live in a metropolitan area with strong signals, I'm very anxious that it won't work well (or at all) on the road.
Sitting here at the kitchen table, I got 44.4/30.5 - not exactly neck-snapping, but not too bad...
Papa Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote