Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
FMCA Sprint Unlimited Offer

If you are a FMCA member as I am you probably received a email from them with an offer for a unlimited data sprint mifi for $49.95/month with no data cap nor any speed slowdown. This seemed too good to be true so I called FMCA and was told it's all correct...no cap and no slowdown. Also it's no contract month to month billed thru FMCA.

Before I pull the trigger on this I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who has this FMCA/Sprint package.

TIA,
Steve

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ask for the terms and conditions when not on Sprint's network. Chances are the terms are no or almost no data when off the Sprint network. Sprint's own network does not have much rural coverage as a % of the USA land area. Not bad for major population areas, but how many of us camp in major population areas ???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #3

Subscribed. I’m curious who they have roaming contracts with in Canada and what the coverage is.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #4

Think 2X before getting sprint

In the west service sprint is terrible unless you are in a bigger city. I was getting text messages from them after midnight to 6AM saying my roaming data was out. Customer service is overseas. Better choices for 5-10 more per month.
klcdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #5

Here's an overview of the plan:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/fmc...ct-membership/

Bottom line is it's a decent deal as long as you understand the limits of Sprint's native coverage map.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:52 AM   #6

Whenever I hear anything about Sprint I think how bad the service is. We had it years ago and it was bad. My brother just switched from AT&T and he wished he did not.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #7

We have Sprint cell phones and ATT wifi. Sprint has always worked well in most areas, but I am impressed that I can stream video with ATT in many pretty remote places and can barely make a call with Sprint.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offer