Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
FMCA tech connect

Who has the FMCA tech connect plan with sprint/now t mobile that was dropped today? The change, if you agree is to ATT. With a new modem With a 10.00 increase. if not your service will be dropped next month. What do you intend to do ? Switch or mail Back the modem and replace with something else.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #2

I have not yet seen email from FMCA.

Have only been on FMCA/T-Mobile for about 6 months. Service has worked well for us. Prior to that we were on multiple 3rd party plans using AT&T. We traveled mostly in the west and had very good service with ATT. In a lot of spots ATT service was better than Verizon. Got tired of dealing with 3rd party resellers and having to change sim cards every 3-4 months. Moving back to ATT will not be an issue for us. I will just take their sim card and put it in my router and not use their hotspot (unless it is a 5G hotspot). If I could switch to T-Mobile home internet, I would, but not available at my permanent address.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:12 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had the Sprint plan for a short time but it just didn't work for us.

I would welcome the AT&T plan (had a "gray area AT&T plan" off e-Bay) but with some of life's unplanned surprises with us we might be looking to sell in the near future.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:20 PM   #4

FMCA Tech Connect:

Old 06-07-2022, 02:20 PM   #5

On the face of it, this is great news. It's a reasonable price for "unlimited", it can be somewhat paused and can be moved to another device.

But ... Cherie hinted at this near the end of the video, we don't know if this is a deal with AT&T or is the FMCA acting like any other reseller selling dubious plans?

Once this news hits places like https://www.reddit.com/r/Rural_Internet/ I can see lots of people with no interest in RVing joining FMCA just to get this. I think that's happened before with the FMCA and it didn't end well. I hope it works out well.

It's already on the LTE.HACKS Facebook group.
tetranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:34 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We had the Sprint device for several years it worked well for us, we took it with us anytime we traveled with or without the rv. We will switch to the ATT and give that a try.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:01 PM   #7
NXR

We canceled the FMCA plan a month ago after almost three years of great service. The instant we switched from their Sprint Mifi 8000L hotspot to the junk Franklin T9 our speeds crashed and latency went to over 1,000 ms.

I switched to the Calyx Institute "Sustainer" membership on T-Mobile and so far all is well again. Plus it's cheaper after the first year and I have the M2000 hotspot.

Calyx, unlike FMCA, replaced their member's Mifi 8000's with the new M2000 5G hotspot at no charge.

Also, remember that "unlimited" and "unthrottled" are radically different things. My Verizon phone has unlimited hotspot data but is throttled to 0.6 M/bps.

Ray
Old 06-07-2022, 09:40 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Who has the FMCA tech connect plan with sprint/now t mobile that was dropped today? The change, if you agree is to ATT. With a new modem With a 10.00 increase. if not your service will be dropped next month. What do you intend to do ? Switch or mail Back the modem and replace with something else.
Hi...

We have the T-mon..etc via FMCA...it's worked for us...

We didn't get the email referred to in this thread but we did get the most sophisticated PHISING email supposedly from FMCA saying our monthly fee was denied by bank etc...

So please please BE CAREFUL...

Thanks...
Michael and ML
mrcandml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:58 PM   #9

I'm on the fence about switching.
I already have Cricket (At&T) 100G $50 plan as a backup for FMCA. Once you hit 100G, data stops completely unless you buy more.

I'm curious how FMCA AT&T will handle the speed after the 75G is used.

FMCA plans on Sprint and TMobile have worked great for unlimited internet with 250GB/Month average use.

Might be time to drop Cricket, proceed with FMCA, and get T-Mobile home to have dual unlimited service.
wolfgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 05:39 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Supposedly the FMCA sprint T-Mobile plan was also ď managed ď after 50g . Most never felt it. FMCA says the ATT plan wil be subject to possible management ( deprioritize) after 75g if in a busy cell. ďManagement/deprioritize ď is much different than throttled. At least it should be.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 05:58 AM   #11

I've had their Sprint, now T- Mobile plan, for 5 years. I made the switch, as it is still a good deal. I never slowed down with the old plan, I'm hoping the AT&T towers aren't too congested.
Bill 3rd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:40 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Fmca tech connect

Iíve not received the FMCA notification. I hope it will not just stop in mid-stream Ö pun intended ;&gt. I like the Tmob service Iíve had with them. I would probably switch to the T mobile Home service and take it with me on the road.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:44 AM   #13

I also have not received any FMCA notice. Maybe only new signups have to switch to ATT? Iím going to give it awhile before I do anything, just to see.
pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:35 AM   #14

Signed Up

I did not receive the email either but I logged on to my FMCA account and signed up for the ATT service. I hated the T-Moble Alcatel hotspot that we were switched to awhile back.